Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Are Idaho Ram dealers worth the drive?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Are Idaho Ram dealers worth the drive?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
GBuilders

Boerne TX.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/19 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the replies I believe I’ll wait a few months and see when the dealers have more stock.
I’m needing a 2500 with the 5th wheel holes in the bed for my hitch. Not very many 3/4 tons with that option.

2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/19 12:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GBuilders wrote:

Thanks for all the replies I believe I’ll wait a few months and see when the dealers have more stock.
I’m needing a 2500 with the 5th wheel holes in the bed for my hitch. Not very many 3/4 tons with that option.

I believe that on the 2500 you can add the pucks yourself without lifting the bed. ON my 3500 I had to lift one side at a time. But if you are going to tow a 5th wheel, why not a 3500 SRW?

Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/19 04:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

* This post was edited 04/21/19 11:58am by Ralph Cramden *

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well one plus to buying that far from home is that by the time you get it home, you have the necessary break in miles on the differential.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Vanished

Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/19 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There was nothing special about those places last time I tried, local deals, incentives, etc were all the same.

2019 Ford F350 4x4 diesel DRW

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/19 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Must depend on your locale.
I was gonna dump the old 07 for a new one a couple years ago and first, none of the local (Seattle) dealers had squat for selection, or at least not what I was after, but more importantly, none would budge much of any off the sticker and a few were still playing the markup from sticker price game.
Dillon would have sold me the truck I wanted over the phone for the (good) price advertised, no BS.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

tchil

Woodland Park, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/19 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah I shopped my Dillon price around to 4 dealers locally they were all between 3 and 5K more. And would not guarantee that price if I ordered. Dillion was a no brainer for me. It cost me less than $300 to go pick it up including 1 night in a hotel. Some people are more than willing to pay the 3K for the convenience I am just a cheapskate and was up for a fun to me road trip.

Ty
2018 Ram Cummins Mega
2007 Ragen Blackhawk 36-05

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/19 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I bought my 12 Ram from Ron Tonkin in Portland Or they were nearly the same price as DD. So close that by the time I spent money for gas and diesel then a hotel room it really wasn't worth saving a few $100 dollars.

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/19 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

When I bought my 12 Ram from Ron Tonkin in Portland Or they were nearly the same price as DD. So close that by the time I spent money for gas and diesel then a hotel room it really wasn't worth saving a few $100 dollars.

That is exactly what most find around here. Dealers HAVE to be competitive or they will lose everytime to these mega dealers. If you have a dealer that wont budge off MSRP and wont honor a price when a vehicle is ordered then let the free market teach them a lesson. It surprises me a dealer would not honor a price agreed on, that said the vehicle is subject to rebates at the time of arrival. So if you banking on taking advantage of a hypothetical 10K off rebate deal, your ordered vehicle will be subject to what the rebate is when your hits the ground. That can be lower than what current pricing is or more depending on if your banking on using a current rebate that is in effect at time order is placed. That is standard practice and I get that. You should be given a price without the rebate and if you get it great, but if the rebate is increased during your build, you would get that additional rebate as well.

2006 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/19 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Must depend on your locale.
I was gonna dump the old 07 for a new one a couple years ago and first, none of the local (Seattle) dealers had squat for selection, or at least not what I was after, but more importantly, none would budge much of any off the sticker and a few were still playing the markup from sticker price game.
Dillon would have sold me the truck I wanted over the phone for the (good) price advertised, no BS.

I never worry about dealer selection. I outline what I want and let the dealer find one. Even when going through a broker, a dealer will look around several states to find what you want. No reason to be restricted to what is on the lot.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, when I bought our 2015.5 denali, the only one in a 4 state area that had what we wanted was at Dave smith. Local dealer the broker used made a trade or whatever with Dave Smith and had it trucked to portland and we picked it up at the dealer.

Often times you will find that a vehicle is first delivered to Dealer A, then shows up at Dealer B, and is finally sold by Dealer C or later. Dealers work with each other to swap vehicles as needed based on what they want/need.

And the local price was within $100 of what Dave Smith quoted.

If your looking for a specific list of options, GM, Ford and Dodge will let you input what you want then give you a list of every one that has that configuration in a multistate area and which dealer it is at.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Are Idaho Ram dealers worth the drive?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.