Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Round Kitchen Sink

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All.

The wife and I are entertaining the idea of trading in our current 5th Wheel TH for a smaller Class A or C. While shopping on line, I noticed a couple different models with small round sinks in the kitchen. Just wondering from those of you that have this setup, how well it works? Seems kinda small but maybe that's just me.

Frank

FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat
15 REPLIES 15

Carolgre
Explorer
Explorer
Well, as for my camping van the perfect item we bought in there was a small farmhouse sink that fits just the best. Moreover, it brings some styling and modernization into my small house on wheels 🙂 I remember the time when I was living in a small apartment with my parents, and we went to our friends who had a house outside the city area. It might seem strange, but I was amazed by the kitchen style they had. That is why I took the opportunity and installed a farmhouse kitchen myself, after reading the reviews on https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-farmhouse-sink-reviews/ that made me 100% sure about my decision.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
doxiemom11 wrote:
Deal breaker for me because I cook, I bake and I do dishes everyday.

Well when we went looking for current 5er, the #1 item on the must have list was large kitchen with lots of true counter space. Well we found it in a 32' 5er.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deal breaker for me because I cook, I bake and I do dishes everyday.

steved28
Explorer
Explorer
Much of picking out an RV is compromises. But I have owned 2 class C's, and now a class A, and have never had a kitchen sink that small (and my first C was 25ft) Personally, I could not live with it. YMMV.
2019 Winnebago Sunstar LX 35F
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
When I glanced at the photo I thought you took a picture of a bathroom sink.

That will never do. What brand RV was that in?

This was in a 2014 Thor ACE. I've also seen a similar setup in a few other models in the 30 foot and under range.
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
chuckftboy wrote:
Thats just enough sink to say " the motorhome has a kitchen sink". Enough sink to dump the coffee pot or wash your hands but thats about it. Too small for me.

X2!
Now this is a sink!

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
When I glanced at the photo I thought you took a picture of a bathroom sink.

That will never do. What brand RV was that in?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Thats just enough sink to say " the motorhome has a kitchen sink". Enough sink to dump the coffee pot or wash your hands but thats about it. Too small for me.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Our B+ has a rather deep round sink that is probably 14" across (maybe more). It took getting used to after having 2 full size sinks in our Class A. What I do is use a small round basin in the sink to cut down on the water usage. I also use a drain rack and mat on the counter to hold the wet dishes. Works well for us. We cook most meals in our RV and do extended trips. We have lots of storage space so no problem storing the basin etc.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I do the dishes and I need two sinks!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
It would be a deal breaker.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Our previous camper had a small, thought not round, kitchen sink. It was most certainly a pain to wash dishes.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Depends on how long you camp, how many dishes you have etc. One sink = one place to wash and rinse in the same area, and finding a separate place to dry. We had one like that. It's a bit of a pain but at the time we only camped a weekend a month or so , so it was manageable. If you spend considerable time in your RV, it's a hassle. But I wouldn't make it a deal breaker if I liked a lot of other things about the RV. AS with all things, it could be changed to a double if you're fairly handy.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
we have two, and use both.