Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Stuckey's
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Tripalot

Golden Horseshoe, Ont. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ahhhh memories. We stopped at one and ordered sandwiches for lunch. We each got a plate with a regular sandwich cut into 4 quarters. Problem was, there were only 3 quarters of the sandwich and the fourth spot had a few potato chips. We always joked that the cook must have been hungry and ate part of our sandwich after making it. Guess we should have only paid 3/4 of the price. Never went to another one after that experience.

2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/19 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There was one just outside my home town and we made frequent trips there. But it closed many years ago. Parking lot is still there but building is long gone.

Puttin

Martinez, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/19 09:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, and Howard Johnson's as well....road food at it's finest! Especially if you're a kid![emoticon]

dedmiston

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/19 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Puttin wrote:

Yes, and Howard Johnson's as well....road food at it's finest! Especially if you're a kid![emoticon]

[image]

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/19 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill Stuckey was the founder from here in Georgia and a politician as well. He made a lot of money on the then money crop of southern Georgia - pecans.
He got into politics and was in the state congress for several years.

The Stuckey stores were scattered up and down US 441 before I-75 became the route to Florida. As a kid we loved stopping for gas and hoping to get a piece of candy from the abundant choices.

Business went down and the family began selling and leasing the stores. The quality of the tourist attractions went down as the traffic on 441 decreased.

I believe there may be a new store below Fort Valley on I-75 but I don't know if it is a franchise or family owned. Either way, it is a little nostalgic to see something from 60 plus years ago.

Puttin

Martinez, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/19 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston,

Thanks for that. I actually remember some of those offerings but I also remember ordering off the big person's menu. The other fun thing was when my Dad and Mom decided to get off the road early on some days so we could go swimming.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.