cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foggy Windows

jaycocamper6230
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new to us 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 37U. It has a couple foggy windows that we would like to fix. Obviously they are dual pane and the seal has failed. We live in west central Illinois. What are our options?
29 REPLIES 29

Barbielab
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for RV Fog Dr in Scearcy, AR. They are located about an hour northeast of Little Rick. Very friendly, fast & neat, hook-ups on site. They have done all our windows on our 45โ€™ coach. Call ahead to book an appointment as they are really busy, for good reason.
Barb

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
Suncoast Designers in Hudson Fl did ours also, I will say this, one of the few companies in the RV industry that did what they said they would do in the time they said they would do it

ocean_bound
Explorer
Explorer
Hi second sun coast designers in Hudson Florida just had mine done a couple weeks ago have five windows done the cost was roughly 1400 bucks Worth every penny they remove it and put them back in no problems no masses no breakage excellent company Make a vacation out of the repair trip we left our coach there and drove over to Disney for four days then came back and stayed in our coach at their facility we had a great time
Allen&carrie 2006 georgetown XL359 37ft

What_Next
Explorer
Explorer
RV Fog Dr, Searcy Ak. did mine on two differant rigs very happy.
2008 Southwind 32v

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
jd620 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has tried taking out one of the panes and just putting one back in with some molding and or caulk to hold it in?

Unfortunately, this is the same amount of work as fixing it properly if you buy the spacer and sealant.
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Branson N Tucson wrote:
A lot of bull that they can not be fixed.was at Quartsize and a booth had a company that repairs them for 100.00 per window.
They came to my site and fix two of them. They were at the time sending a team to the FMCA rally in Ga. that week.
Will get their card and provide their name and number.
It's 3 A.M. and card in motor home.

If the company was BOSS, forget it. They are from Tucson and do terrible work. They are in Q almost every year. They cut new glass for mine and used a Magic Marker to cutting marks and the glass is not the correct size and slightly out of shape. Seal leaked within one year, they used the wrong caulking on the frame and they did not get it in the exact position it has to be to fit firmly against the side of the motorhome wall.

If anyone knows of a qualified craftsman in the Los Angeles basin, please PM me and post it here. Reliable Glass East of Los Angeles, doesn't have a shop, he is strickly mobile and terribly unreliable. I've been trying to get him out here to my place for months, left literally dozens of messages and only one reply. Craig is a nice guy but lousy businessman. There is a place in Orange County that charges $200 per window but very difficult for me to get to at 07:00 in the morning.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
A lot of bull that they can not be fixed.was at Quartsize and a booth had a company that repairs them for 100.00 per window.
They came to my site and fix two of them. They were at the time sending a team to the FMCA rally in Ga. that week.
Will get their card and provide their name and number.
It's 3 A.M. and card in motor home.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Whaler wrote:
Your options include RV Fog Dr, Searcy Ak. 501-278-3015. Going down to have two repaired. They did one two years ago that looks new yet. I took that one out and delivered it. They are doing it all this time. Nice people and they have power on their lot if you arrive late.

Another vote for RV Fog Doctor. I will say that last year when we wanted ours done, we contacted Suncoast in Florida. We were in Florida and thought it would be a good time to have it done. Never returned our phone calls. Must have been on spring break. But when a company never returns a call to someone there wanting their business. . . . well, I will move on. So we called them in Searcy, Arkansas. They told us when to be there. We pulled in, backed up to their building and that day they took out, fixed, and reinstalled 9 windows for us in our 2006 Phaeton. It's been a year and they all still look great. One day, then we spent the night there (no $$) because it was late afternoon.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Whaler
Explorer
Explorer
Your options include RV Fog Dr, Searcy Ak. 501-278-3015. Going down to have two repaired. They did one two years ago that looks new yet. I took that one out and delivered it. They are doing it all this time. Nice people and they have power on their lot if you arrive late.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
We've had windows done by an auto glass place that specializes in RVs. There was another option of a window glass place that could order my window from Winnebago to be shipped and then have an RV repair shop install it.

Based on our experience, apparently foggy dual pane windows may be able to be removed, cleaned up and replaced....or not. We had one done like that. The other had to have new glass because the water inside the panes had already crystalized and scratched the window panes (or something like that). Kind of imperceptible to me, but that's what they said. Same company that did the first window, so I believed them.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Dave Root in Oregon has a DIY kit

JimR

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
On your next trip down to Florida, Suncoast Designers will provide hook-ups for you to park and stay in your coach while the repairs are made to your windows. The usual turn around time is two days. They remove your windows, clean the glass, reseal the windows and re-install them in your coach. They even use water to test for leaks after the install. It is a very professional shop that starts at 7:00AM(maybe even a little earlier :)) in the morning. Suncoast Designers

I should have added that Suncoast Designers has a LIFETIME guaranty on the windows they repair.

They just did 4 of our windows. Great folks, did a superb job. Got done a bit early, and no extra costs. Lifetime warranty. We are very happy....

Al

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
jaycocamper62301 wrote:
What about for the guy who still works and doesn't have the time to drive to Florida?

People take them out and ship them back one or two at a time. Still cheaper than the $1200-$1500 per window new costs.

You build a good re usable crate.

There ARE DIY kits on EBay. Iโ€™m sure there are Youtube vids galore.

shame on me for not remembering that shipping windows is an option. apologies.

Suncoast Designers
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Contact an RV dealer near you. I'm sure they have dealt with this issue before. Fogged windows are not a new thing.