cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thor 27.2 inverter

richguess
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a used Thor 27.2. It had no books/manuals with it. I see some people have an inverter. I don't see it listed in the Thor specs. Would mine have a built in inverter? I like to make coffee in the AM without turning on the generator, so I'll probably add one if not. Thx Rich Guess
4 REPLIES 4

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Call Thor. When we had a Thor years ago they were very helpful with questions like this. I know people talk about how dreadful Thor is but I found them extremely helpful when we owned ours.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

richguess
Explorer
Explorer
Thx. Will look. The one I installed on my smaller class C had outlets on it, and I just plugged a Mixpresso coffee maker directly into it ( and sometimes a blender...)

Thereโ€™s really no place to do that on my new one (but will search) so Iโ€™ll have to read up on it. Thatโ€™s all I really want it for, so I donโ€™t have to run the generator early in the AM.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
To the op If your unit has a residential refrigerator, an inverter will be running it.
If your frige is gas/elec then it doesnt need an inverter and the most likely unit would be a small one powering a television and entertainment setup unless the prior owner installed another one.

Easiest way to test would be to unplug from shore power and then try each outlet to see if it is getting AC power. You can test by plugging in a droplight or whatever.
Most common places to find that someone has added one would be kitchen counter,dinette areas (as you mentioned for coffee and computer use) and the bedroom area for CPAP use.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
If you have an inverter somewhere in you unit will be a 12 volt charging display. Mine displays 13.2 volts when batteries are charged. Its separate from the total display panel.

You may want to go to Thor Forums for more information.
www.thorforums.com
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly