cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One thing you use ALL the time?

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just to go the other way... One thing I use ALL the time is my RVQ. I know folks hate them, etc.. But mine works well, does not heat the side of my RV, I never leave it unattended and like most things if used correctly is fine. Granted, it's only good for maybe 4 burgers, or 2 large steaks, so you have to know it's limitations. OH! and our walkie talkies, we DO NOT yell back and forth while backing into a campsite. But thoroughly enjoy the show when others do! :B
Proud father of a US Marine
61 REPLIES 61

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
HadEnough wrote:
The green diesel handle at the gas station. Yep. That's the thing I use most often with my RV. Ha ha ha

Yes, I love the green handle diesel pumps too. Years ago I found out the hard way that BP gas stations do not use green OR yellow handles for their diesel pumps lol.

Dan

Squeeze the fill lever just enough to squirt part of an ounce into your tank. Then sniff the end of your nozzle. If it smells like gasoline, better go to another fill station. Diesel engines do not digest gasoline very well.

Lakeside

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
OleManOleCan wrote:
I have a couple of BLACKSTONE GRIDDLES.
We carry a small 17" Griddle when we camp. I leave the 36" at home.
(I cook outside when I can)
With a little practice you can cook a heck of a lot on the griddle.
I confess that I also take a 22" Weber grill grate that I sometimes
use on the Blackstone instead of the Griddle.

We have a 36" blackstone too and we love it! I just the small blue rhino for the RV. Haven't used it yet. I hope i like it as much as the blackstone.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
My wallet or more important the plastic cards in it.:W

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a couple of BLACKSTONE GRIDDLES.
We carry a small 17" Griddle when we camp. I leave the 36" at home.
(I cook outside when I can)
With a little practice you can cook a heck of a lot on the griddle.
I confess that I also take a 22" Weber grill grate that I sometimes
use on the Blackstone instead of the Griddle.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Stainless steel pressure cooker.
Saves lots of propane, and cooks a one-pot (one pot to clean) meal quick and taste wonderful. But, rice still needs the full time to cook, so I cook 30 minutes, shut off gas, and let sit un-fired for the remaining 15 mins, pressure will remain for at least 10 of those and cook the rice.

edit:
Non-rice meals all cook super quick, so use very little propane for boondocking.

Also, Superfan runs all day, all night sometimes. I have two. One pushes, one pulls.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
db

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
The toilet...

:B - One of many 2nd.... "use ALL the time/s"...

FIRST = Steps to get into the RV for that, & other "stuff".

BTW - was the OP "pulling our chain" with this thread?..:@

Maybe time for a Mod to .......flush !!..:W

:@

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
We use our oven a lot. Don't bake a lot at home, too many carbs in most baked stuff, so when we travel we mostly throw healthy diet to the wind. Anything Krusteaz sells is good for this cowboy.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
derouen6 wrote:
HOT plate.

what advantage does a hot plate have?

Most of our camping is in public campgrounds: state parks, COE, forest service, etc, rarely private cgs. I search diligently to find cgs with electricity. We have dry camped many, many times, just like the convenience of power. That being said, we cook a lot, I mean a lot, always outside, the hot plate is my stove. Donโ€™t have to worry about the wind blowing out the flame on propane stove . I even carry a spare.

Sherry

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The toilet...

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
derouen6 wrote:
HOT plate.

what advantage does a hot plate have?

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
HOT plate.

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
Electric not plate.

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to say my lithium batteries. Go anywhere, do anything, without worrying about power (at least for several days), will the wife's cpap work, etc.