cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air pressure

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
Using my TST tire pressure monitoring system.

Those of you with TPMS do you disconnect the sensors and double check the readings at any interval? Should I do it at the beginning of the season? Or are the sensors pretty reliable?

Thanks for responses ahead of time. Just trying to determine if I'm being paranoid.
Monkeyman, Lady and little chimp
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid TOAD
7 REPLIES 7

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The only time I normally verify our TST cap sensors is when I remove them for battery replacement. I did check on one tire today though, after the sensor had a nervous breakdown and reported my drivers side steer tire at 507 PSI, which of course triggered an alarm. The actual tire pressure was normal, and after installing a fresh battery, the sensor read fine the rest of the day. I didn't hear a big explosion, so I was pretty sure the sensor was in error, not the tire pressure. 😉
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
Mine are the caps. I would prefer to not remove them. I do have more loctite, so it's only slightly inconvenient.

Wrenched my back doing the RV prep today, so it'll wait until we go out the next trip.
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

PGCR
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST 507 flow thru and they are actually within a pound or two of two different digital manual pressure gauges. That is first thing in the morning, and they maintain consistency across each other all day long! Overall, a great system!

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
On my Tire safe-guard unit, the display is adjustable to match a separate reading if slightly different.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
My previous TST and my present tire monitor seem to always be pretty close and I normally check them when I an ready to hit the road. They seem to be within 1 or 2 percent of the actual pressure. I figure thats close enough.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
The sensors show good pressure. The tow dolly is a bit low. I'll consider doing a spot check the day we leave.
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
On my TST 507 unit with 10 sensors they all read about 3# low compared to two Milton tire gauges. When the coach is in use I manually test tire pressures when taken out of storage and each 30 days there after, cold first thing in the mornings, otherwise I use the sensor readings. When in storage I remove the sensors to save the batteries.