cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bluetooth stereo

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if the signal goes both ways from a bluetooth car stereo? Mine works fine receiving signal from my phone so I can hear my phone through the camper speakers but I can not get a separate bluetooth speaker to connect to the stereo
3 REPLIES 3

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
I have finally learned and accepted that what I wanted to do will not work because the stereo just receives bluetooth and does not transmit. Thanks.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Car stereos BT typically for music are one way, receive only, will not transmit to BT speakers or headphones. Designed to play your music from the phone or answer phone calls but not really designed to connect to BT speakers.

There are however BT transmitter modules that you can add onto most stereos which allow BT speakers to connect. You may need to get creative to make the connection some stereos may not have line level outputs and you might need to adapt the speaker level to line level..

BT transmitter search

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends on the radio I suspect.
Bluetooth has three types of modules
If you have a set of bluetooth headphones (Some cars support them) then the headphone has a RECEIVE ONLY (R/O) module
Your phone, your computers have Receive/transmit (2-way) modules
They also make Transmit only modules. (I have one).

Yoru radio may be R/O or it may be 2-way. Depends on the radio.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times