cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to Paint Bathroom Sink

srdeane
Explorer
Explorer
I had a minor disaster in the bathroom lavatory sink in my Everest, when the Damp Rid bucket I had in there over the winter got wet, overflowed into the sink and damaged the finish. It now looks like camouflage (yuk). I think I should be able to paint it, but I don't know what kind of paint I should use. Has anyone done this successfully?

Will the paint Krylon makes for plastic be durable enough for the sink or do I need something more specifically designed for a sink/shower?

Another thought, would the Gianni countertop refinishing product be durable enough? I might be able to get close to the original color/finish with that product.
8 REPLIES 8

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure the finish is damaged beyond repair ? I thought my plastic bathroom sink was that bad too and my girlfriend scrubbed really hard on it with some stuff (I think it might have been Comet cleaner ) and by golly after a heck of a lot of scrubbing she got it back the the original color.

What have you got to lose ?

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
okhmbldr wrote:
You need to use an epoxy paint. Available at most big box stores, designed for sinks and bathtubs. I've used it in several rentals during remodels. Lasts a long time.
Works well and is made for this purpose. This is what I would use.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Might it be easier to replace the plastic sink?

x10

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Might it be easier to replace the plastic sink?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or is your sink acrylic - you will need to know what material it is to decide which paint to use.

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
You need to use an epoxy paint. Available at most big box stores, designed for sinks and bathtubs. I've used it in several rentals during remodels. Lasts a long time.

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good luck with Krylon on plastic. I used it to repaint some plastic lawn chairs and they have held up very well over 3-4 years being exposed to all kinds of weather. Just be sure surface is clean and sanded lightly with fine sandpaper.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad