Did you mean: 

TST - what am I missing?

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World Listing

Amazon Listing

Compare Prices Page

What am I missing when I am reading the descriptions? Why is it so much cheaper at Camping World and Gander Mountain?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited
19 REPLIES 19

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bruce Brown wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
So this thread was asking about why the 50 cent price difference? OK, this was a waste of time!

Not at all. When the OP asked the question there was over $100 difference in the advertised price.

Apparently they were on sale at the time, the sale is now over.

Yes, CW does have some good sales from time to time. We got our JT Strongarms on sale for $184 for the full set of six arms.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Bruce_Brown
dodge guy wrote:
So this thread was asking about why the 50 cent price difference? OK, this was a waste of time!

Not at all. When the OP asked the question there was over $100 difference in the advertised price.

Apparently they were on sale at the time, the sale is now over.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bruce_Brown
Hikerdogs wrote:
OK What am I Missing !!! The price for the system on the camping World site is about a dollar different than the same model on the Amazon site. Both have 6 flow through sensors. The less expensive one at the bottom of the Camping World page only has 4 flow through sensors

When the OP asked the Flow Through one at Camping World was a bunch cheaper - apparently it was on sale. Looks like the sale is over!
Bruce & Jill Brown

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hikerdogs wrote:
OK What am I Missing !!! The price for the system on the camping World site is about a dollar different than the same model on the Amazon site. Both have 6 flow through sensors. The less expensive one at the bottom of the Camping World page only has 4 flow through sensors

X@!

LOL! they are within 50 cents of each other right now. Prices on Amazon change all the time. I just bought a Viair constant duty air system for the new TV, I paid $310 for the kit, I looked back at it yesterday it is now $376. I guess just great timing on my part.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
CW is playing games with their advertising! Scroll to the bottom of the page and you’ll see the me kit as Amazon for the same price.

How is that playing games?

The big ad was for the less expensive one, and they offer the other for the same price as Amazon. If anything I'd say Amazon was playing games - why didn't they show the lower cost one too?

Because when you search the one the OP was looking for it came up on CW’s website, so if you went with that you would not get what you want. It should t be down at the bottom of the page. Very misleading advertising!

He never said which one he wanted, he only asked what the difference was. :W It seems you may be assuming he wanted the solid cap design.

If he wanted the flow-through design, Camping World nailed it, while offering the other design too. Amazon only offered a higher priced version of something he didn't want.

Obviously the OP was asking so there wasn't one specific design he was looking for, so I'd say Camping World did a better job of showing options and Amazon was the one with questionable advertising.

There is a reason why he asked “what am I missing?” He’s seeing the same thing I and others are seeing.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Bruce_Brown
dodge guy wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
CW is playing games with their advertising! Scroll to the bottom of the page and you’ll see the me kit as Amazon for the same price.

The big ad was for the less expensive one, and they offer the other for the same price as Amazon. If anything I'd say Amazon was playing games - why didn't they show the lower cost one too?

Because when you search the one the OP was looking for it came up on CW’s website, so if you went with that you would not get what you want. It should t be down at the bottom of the page. Very misleading advertising!

He never said which one he wanted, he only asked what the difference was. :W It seems you may be assuming he wanted the solid cap design.

If he wanted the flow-through design, Camping World nailed it, while offering the other design too. Amazon only offered a higher priced version of something he didn't want.

Obviously the OP was asking so there wasn't one specific design he was looking for, so I'd say Camping World did a better job of showing options and Amazon was the one with questionable advertising.
Bruce & Jill Brown

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Bruce_Brown
dodge guy wrote:

Bruce & Jill Brown

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I had the old flo thru sensors which were longer. I did not like them as they stuck out past the rim. They were slow to add air. The new ones are shorter which I like but have no experience with. 6 sensors purchased separately would cost $300 so with a color monitor and repeater that is a pretty cheap price.
Now the big question is does CW have any in stock?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
On another forum a member posted that he called TST to order a 507 system. The TST person suggested that he instead check with CW as they were currently running a sale on the same system.

As for the flow thru, some have complained that it takes a long time to add just a few pounds of air thru the flow thru sensors.

I had the TST 507 flow through and had issues with them. Some wouldn't allow me to air up at all without unscrewing them anyway. Also you can't get a good read with a gauge and have to remove them for an accurate reading. For those reasons I would go with caps.

They also recommend using only metal valve stems when using the flow through type. Many reports of leaking when using rubber stems and the flow through type.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
BB_TX wrote:
On another forum a member posted that he called TST to order a 507 system. The TST person suggested that he instead check with CW as they were currently running a sale on the same system.

As for the flow thru, some have complained that it takes a long time to add just a few pounds of air thru the flow thru sensors.

I had the TST 507 flow through and had issues with them. Some wouldn't allow me to air up at all without unscrewing them anyway. Also you can't get a good read with a gauge and have to remove them for an accurate reading. For those reasons I would go with caps.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS