cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Antenna Coax Routing

BigDaddy1951
Explorer
Explorer
I have a cell phone amplifier for my Winnebago Voyage. It has an external antenna that I believe would mount well on my rear ladder. My problem is running the coax into the rig. I am really hesitant about drilling holes! Any good suggestions needed. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Ran my coax for my WeBoost antenna down the side of the ladder.....drill a small hole under the license plate and ran the cable inside.
cpaulsen

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
Don't be afraid to drill through the roof if you need to. Sometimes that's the simplest, most direct approach. Dicor is your friend in times such as this. Here's what I did two years ago. No leaks at all.

Drat! no photos. I hate the way this site handles photos.

I cut a nice round hole with a hole saw, inserted a length of 3/4" pvc conduit down into the rig inside of a cabinet. Cut a 3/4" hole in the bottom of a non-metallic junction box and slipped it over the end of the conduit, dicored the snot out of the edges of the box an pressed firmly onto the roof surface. Viola! You can now route your antenna cable into the junction box and distribute it where it needs to go.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you need to drill a hole to get a coax where you need, drill a hole. That's why man invented caulk and coax cover plates!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BigDaddy1951
Explorer
Explorer
Thx. I believe my Voyage has a false cap. Time to crawl under. I will drill if I have to, but feel the same way about hanging pictures with a nail!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You do not want to drill holes.. Ok.. One thought I drilled through the rear wall under the false cap (There is a gap on my rig) and routed from tere both ends of the hole are protected from weather.

But you can also route into the wire path through the basement compartments Often you can access between two compartments or at the end of the last (Pre-drilled hole) then up following the wires and plumbing into the RV and .. THen foll the utility riser to where you need to park the electronics.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times