cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Fridge

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Well not exactly. Our fridge blew it's boiler in Key west so we bought a little fridge at Sears to carry along. Went to RV cool in Greenbriar AR today and they put one of their units on it. Did an awesome job for $1300. As i type i can hear the cooling fans running on the new unit, never heard them before. They had hundreds of broken or burnt up units sitting around. Could be the best thing i ever bought for our RV.

The new equipment as been in about 3 hours and the fridge is freezing ice already.

It is a Norcold 1200
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
4 REPLIES 4

C20
Explorer
Explorer
It's rvcool.com. In Arkansas
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Before changing out to the residential, which was less than $1300 BTW, I installed three computer type fans above the fridge which help a lot. It seems one of the biggest issues with the 1200s is that the two fans they put on those fail all too often. Since they are pretty quiet you don't realize they've failed and since you can't see them you don't know it until it's too late. I found the 1200 was a great fridge when it's working properly, but when the second one failed, I switched to residential. Biggest difference is 12 cu ft vs 20 cu ft in the same space....best of luck to you. Enjoy camping....Dennis

My 1200 is not cooling properly either. Would you please tell me what you replaced it with.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Before changing out to the residential, which was less than $1300 BTW, I installed three computer type fans above the fridge which help a lot. It seems one of the biggest issues with the 1200s is that the two fans they put on those fail all too often. Since they are pretty quiet you don't realize they've failed and since you can't see them you don't know it until it's too late. I found the 1200 was a great fridge when it's working properly, but when the second one failed, I switched to residential. Biggest difference is 12 cu ft vs 20 cu ft in the same space....best of luck to you. Enjoy camping....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We installed a new fan - factory ones were never heard. So far it's good. Also a Norcold 1200