cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadtrek has new owner

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
The French, family owned, RV company, Rapido has signed a binding letter of intent to take over the assets of Roadtrek and restart the company in one of the existing factories in Ontario.

https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/40310320/rapido-sas-signs-binding-letter-of-intent-to-acquire-road...

It appears to be good news and at least some of the employees should get their jobs back. Rapido is the current owner of one brand that will be familiar to Americans. They rescued Westfalia when it went bankrupt and brought it back in Europe. Hopefully they can do the same for Roadtrek.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
7 REPLIES 7

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
While happy that my Roadtrek warranty has survived, there are still two groups left out in the cold. One is any rig purchased after Feb 15, when the firesales began and buyers were getting 25-40% off mainly due to a lack of warranty. Many dealers provided free or low price warranties to purchasers. But, some (many?) of them will be upset about this... forgetting that they paid $8-20K less than the rest of us and that will pay for a good decade of repair costs. At least now they will have access to some of the proprietary bits. Over 15 years of owning 4 RVs, I don't think I've paid $8K in repairs.

The other major group is all of the Hymer, Carado, and Sunlight rigs. The CEO was asked about this detail by one of the journalists covering the topic for RV news and he said that the purchase did not include those models, only Roadtrek. A bit of a complication since it is highly unlikely that Thor will rescue them.

Fortunately, the Aktiv purchasers have become very organized and many are tweaking and improving their systems. Those on the West Coast at least have access to help if needed.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I would be very happy about them honoring the existing warranty on the current models. Some people are having problems. My '95D 190V has been out of warranty for a couple years.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
A bit more here:
The company intends to scale back production and occupy just one of the four manufacturing plants operated by Erwin Hymer Group, with plans to hire an estimated 100 employees once production resumes, then expand to as many as 200 within a year to 18 months. It is still in talks with the landlord, so Reuer did not want to disclose the location.

The CEO also said the company will honour all Roadtrek warranties for vehicles sold prior to the receivership, which was a concern among consumers, and that it expects to be able to produce 1,000 vehicles per year.

Sounds like they’re starting small, but honoring warranties could be a big help to recent buyers.
2013 RT 190-Popular

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent news for the Kitchener/Waterloo area!
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
Thanks for the update. 🙂

X2. Let's hope they can get it back off the ground.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update. 🙂

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. Will be watching.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad