cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

7 PIN WIRING

HBJBIRD
Explorer
Explorer
Replacing my 7 pin plug on my enclosed trailer. Wires from the trailer are: 2 red, 1 brown, 1 yellow, 1 black, 1 green. The 7 pin extension has: 1 red, 1 brown, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 black, 1 blue, 1 white. Hooked up per instructions. Everything works except left blinker ? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
7-Way Trailer & RV Plug Diagram
https://www.ajtnt.com/7-way-rv-plug-diagram/
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
HBJBIRD wrote:
Replacing my 7 pin plug on my enclosed trailer. Wires from the trailer are: 2 red, 1 brown, 1 yellow, 1 black, 1 green. The 7 pin extension has: 1 red, 1 brown, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 black, 1 blue, 1 white. Hooked up per instructions. Everything works except left blinker ? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Per what instructions?

Since the brake light and turn signal are on the same wire, if the left brake light works but not the left turn signal, then your issue is likely with the tow vehicle, not the trailer or the plug.

The link posted above by enblethen is a great one; scroll down to the 7-pin plugs to see what should be going on and get out your multimeter.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
check the ground on the left light could be loose or corroded. Also check any splices in that line for corrosion. Fixed a guys lights when they would not work, almost all splices were corroded as was the ground.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Are you getting output from TV?
One of the reds could be for brakes.
Yellow should be left turn.
wiring diagram

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Yellow should be left turn indicator.....check that.
Stick a multi-meter on the yellow coming out of the truck end.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro