cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best way to make white trailers white again?

imq707s
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2011 Crossroads Zinger is starting to get dingy from years of towing, highway miles, and storage of the winter. Even with washing it a couple of times a year, it's still starting to get some of those gray/black streaks on it in areas.....and no amount of washing or scrubbing takes it off. It's especially bad on the front.

The only think I've found that works is buffing/polishing compound....but I'm not sure I want to waste an entire weekend buffing the whole trailer down.

Are there any cleaners/sprays out there that work to brighten up dingy white travel trailers?

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Vvvv1010
Explorer
Explorer
FW1 https://images.app.goo.gl/zJc2yjm7v9STXsat6
This is a waterless wash and wax spray. Mother's, Mecguires, and RainX also have similar product. I liked it and it brightened our Jayco. Can also be sprayed on wheels and wiped down
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
This stuff is the bomb. Spray on, wipe off black streaks and bugs. Can add to wash water or use straight out of the bottle for tough stains.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
imq707s wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
take it to a car detail shop,it,ll come back like new and not break the bank.

Do you really think an auto-detail place will buff out, polish, and wax an entire travel trailer for a good price?? :h

I'm guessing you are way north of $500 to get that done...if not much more.

It cost me $350 to have my 35' fifth wheel washed and waxed, I don't think I will pay someone to do that again,
I had my 6' x 10' white enclosed trailer detailed and they tried so hard to buff off the dirt (it sat under a tree for a couple of years) they ended up taking some of the paint off, luckily they felt bad about what they had done, they had some one paint the damaged area at no cost to me.
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

imq707s
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:

Do you really think an auto-detail place will buff out, polish, and wax an entire travel trailer for a good price?? :h

I'm guessing you are way north of $500 to get that done...if not much more.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I call it patina and apply some forgetaboutit every year ๐Ÿ˜‰

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
I use Spray 9. Apply directly to the affected area, use a damp towel to rub it in then immediately rinse/wash the area.

Also pulls brake dust off AL rims like magic and it's a great degreaser.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I use Awesome on a lot of things including my roof along with bleach. Don't use it straight on some decals or stickers.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
We used LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner from the Dollar Store.

It is yellow color, liquid, cleaned up the black streaks. Then wash and wax.

Do not use on the roof.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
For a quick touchup/removal of black streaks, I keep a can of pledge in the trailer supplies.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Black Streak Remover

This will eat off the wax, so be sure to re-wax when done.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

jerem0621
Explorer
Explorer
So, I tried simply green on my trailer.

Except I accidentally grabbed Mean Green.

The good news was the black streaks were gone. The bad news was it stripped and damaged the VERY thin paint in the small area I used the mean green.

Mr Clean magic erasers also work well.,, just be careful, they can burn through the paint as well.

Moral of the story... keep it clean, well maintained, but you can do more damage than good by excessive scrubbing on the thin aluminum sheet.

Thanks,

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~