cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cargo Trailer Windows Leaking

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
My son bought a new cargo trailer to convert to a travel trailer with storage. He has been having trouble with the windows leaking during a hard driving rain. The manufacturer sent him a new window to replace the first one, but it's no better. The windows appear to be LCI 8800 sliding window. Is it to be expected that these will leak? Any suggestions for him?
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?
4 REPLIES 4

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Dave. His window does have plugs at both top and bottom. I'll pass along your suggestions. Thanks again.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
That window is designed to be installed in either direction (flipped on the horizontal plane), so you can have the slider move L-R or R-L to suit your application.

Because of this it has condensation weep drains on the top and bottom rail. Likely, the rubber inserts for the top drains are loose. After window is installed, remove top rail rubber plugs, add a quality sealant to the back of the plugs, re-install plugs, clean excess. Done.

Mine had the top plugs, but they slid in the openings, and hard rain/washing caused mystery leaks, until I solved the mystery. (Silly me).

Remove plugs from the bottom rail, so that condensation can drain to the outside.

Oh, and if he hasn't been over to this site yet, send him there. Lots of good information, and helpful folks.
Cargo Trailer Conversions
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
There are cases where horizontal windows have been installed vertically. Hard to believe but true. The drain holes would be on the side instead of bottom.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
look for clogged drain holes? take a hose and find out how and where they leak.