cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-77 campground

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling to Ohio in a week or so and will need an overnight somewhere around Parkersburg WV. Nothing fancy just water and elec. and close to the interstate.
7 REPLIES 7

wlstroud
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Trailer Sales campground. I-77, Exit 173 at Parkersburg, WV. 1001 Little Kanawah River Rd which parallels the interstate; 304-428-8203. Back-in sites, grassed. Water & Electric. Dump station. On Little Kanawah River. Super nice owner; very laid back but helpful. Honor system for payment, if shop is closed. $24 last time we stopped in 2018. Walmart, Bob Evans, fuel nearby. Easy off/on to I-77.
Larry (WB4WSA) and Sheila
2006 Ford F350, CC, XLT Dually 6.0 PSD
2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 339FWTSLS FW
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 25KS TT

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
WV has a very nice welcome center close to the border on I-77. 24 hour guard on duty last time I was there. He specifically told me we could park overnight.
Larry is right. And if I remember there was a dump station there also. There is also a Walmart at Exit 1 in Ohio, 1/2 mi. N on SR7. Also the Ohio welcome center at mm4. I know there are no hookups at these, but they are nice(I have spent at least 1 night in each of the three mentioned). Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart in Marietta,Oh is convenient off and on I-77.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
WV has a very nice welcome center close to the border on I-77. 24 hour guard on duty last time I was there. He specifically told me we could park overnight.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
The county fairgrounds has what you want it is safe and clean. Washington County also not far from downtown and river

blknomad wrote:
I will be traveling to Ohio in a week or so and will need an overnight somewhere around Parkersburg WV. Nothing fancy just water and elec. and close to the interstate.

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Wolf Run SP 2-3 miles off I77 At exit 28 in Ohio. I think about $25 a night. Through the week almost nobody there-weekends, like any other CG. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
We're passing through WV and plan to stop at the Cabela's for an overnight in Charleston. We've already called to be sure that they have an RV lot (most do). Won't have water and electric though and since we're only overnighting one night between camps we'll be fine without it.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K