Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: So......What is the criteria?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> So......What is the criteria?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/19 08:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone have the first clue what the criteria is that gets threads closed on this rag?

As an example, Timmac went off on another of his dribbling moments regarding satellite TV and cord cutting, there was no apparent violation of forum rules, yet the thread was closed just when it's entertainment value was peaking.

Then you have the ongoing Tesla Semi Truck unveil Horse Poopage thread, that has been going on with much back and forth banter between a couple select posters for about 150 years. It doesn't get shut down despite it's 194 pages of absolute worthless garbage and it's total waste of bandwidth. Not to mention the fact it has a high concentration of Bovine Excrement.

Go figure.

Time for a Tylenol.

MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/19 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

Does anyone have the first clue what the criteria is that gets threads closed on this rag?

As an example, Timmac went off on another of his dribbling moments regarding satellite TV and cord cutting, there was no apparent violation of forum rules, yet the thread was closed just when it's entertainment value was peaking.

Then you have the ongoing Tesla Semi Truck unveil Horse Poopage thread, that has been going on with much back and forth banter between a couple select posters for about 150 years. It doesn't get shut down despite it's 194 pages of absolute worthless garbage and it's total waste of bandwidth. Not to mention the fact it has a high concentration of Bovine Excrement.

Go figure.

Time for a Tylenol.

I thought I saw a personal attack in there, that usually does it.

As for the Tesla thread, there is SOME actual factual stuff in there if you dig. Plus for the most part it's fairly civil. I wish there was some type of warning system - i.e. you are warned on first offense, 2nd offense warned again, 3rd offense and you are blocked for posting for X time period. 4th and 5th offense say, blocked from posting for a week and a month. Would have to be severe offense to block from posting. But other forums have blocked people from posting, I modded a forum where one lady went postal and threatened people, posted personal info, described what she would do to the people in question, etc. Law enforcement was involved and she was removed from posting indefinitely.

Of course like every forum out there...they are trying to be relevant. But it still beats Facebook!

edit: as usual I defer to the actual mods for response, just my opinions.

TexasShadow

Spring Branch, TX USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/19 01:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've gone over the line a couple times. the mod deleted my posts. I can take a hint, lol, and not get angry about it or hurt, etc.
communicating via the internet can be offensive without meaning to be. that is what the emojis are for...to indicate your intent..humor, sarcasm, heartfelt, outraged, etc.

TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/19 01:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TexasShadow wrote:

I've gone over the line a couple times. the mod deleted my posts. .
Same here. I just let it be.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/19 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its aggravating when a mod doesn't have the courtesy to say why they took an action.

cekkk

Southern Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/19 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got booted off one big site for"trolling." I was new. Turns out it was very Lefty. Far more obnoxious posts were everywhere to be found. You just had to be criticizing the the right things.

Also was rejected in signing up for Wikipedia due to my id, cekkk. But they were very reasonable when I explained it was merely the first letter in our and our three kids' names. I've used it since the
Internet started, at least for me.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/19 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Its aggravating when a mod doesn't have the courtesy to say why they took an action.
Yah.. I'm sure they don't really care to get in a back and forth with someone they just deleted.

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/19 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

I didn't originally close the thread? But my guess it had to do with both a political angle, and subsequent trolling, irrelevant posts. Both of which are forum rules violations. In fact, after scanning through the mentioned thread, I decided it represented no real value in Technology Corner - and did delete it! Just adds useless entries in the forum database, which returns just as useless info in Search.

If you want to discuss cable cord cutting, or 5G/4G, then do so in a relevant thread that doesn't walk on the edge of violating forum rules.

If you want entertainment, then do so in 'Around the Campfire'. Though violating the same rules will likely get you deleted just as fast.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> So......What is the criteria?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.