cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windsheild Drapes

Ed_Manifold
Explorer
Explorer
My 2002 Phaeton needs new front and side windows drapes. What's the best way to replace them? Years ago I went through camping world to replace the drapes on my 92 Bounder. I am also looking for alternatives to drapes? thanks for any help.
Ed & Sharon
2002 Phaeton
2001 Jeep Wrangler Toad
9 REPLIES 9

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
We just took down our old curtain and had a friend of ours that's seamstress follow the exact pattern with new material. We ordered new track hardware from P&P Motorhomes and she sewed them into the new curtain. Spent less than $50 all in.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Mommalu
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I measured the side windows and windshield to replace the much hated drapes with pull down room darkening shades. Blinds.com was easy to work with and very reasonably priced, seems they often have a 40% off sale.
My husband and a son installed them and we love them! Would do it again, massive improvement.

MrWizard
I bought "roc-lon" fabric from an Amazon seller
White on one side cream/beige on the other
Light blocking, and heat reflective,
Made my own new front drapes
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
We used a 60" pull down shade and side curtains.

'

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
If you can affords it, MCD power on windshield. MCD manual on sides.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
My wife went to a fabric store looking for the perfect material to make new front curtains. What she found was great, its a very light weight fabric that's a breathable see though black back with mirror like small squares on the other side. This fabric really reflects the sun keeping the unit a lot cooler plus you can see through it. I was told it was easy to work with as for sewing hems etc.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Sastma
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased blackout curtains at costco for $20. Nice beige neutral color (light grey was also available). The fabric seems better than the original. Hung up sideways they fit almost perfect. Just a little trim and quick sew up.

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Investigate Amazon for curtains, curtain tracks and clips. I installed new front and side dark thermal curtains for less than $100.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
we got rid of the old pull a round curtains and replaced with dark rollup shades. my wife likes them a lot better, she says they open up the front to the rv.