Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ucconnect? Worthwile?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ucconnect? Worthwile?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any Ram owners out there using Uconnect? Ram's pushing a special for 50% off which amounts to $74.00 for a year. Somebody talk me into it or out of it!!

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess the thing to ask yourself is what does the app do that you currently really want to do? You can always talk your self into stuff after you get it, but do you really need it, or just want another gadget.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I guess the thing to ask yourself is what does the app do that you currently really want to do? You can always talk your self into stuff after you get it, but do you really need it, or just want another gadget.

Only advantage for me would be I could then run apps on my screen, like Waze, etc. It also has features like Onstar, ie, unlock your truck from your phone, etc, etc.

I agree with your input about another gadget, but wanted to hear from Uconnect users as to whether it's worth while, or there are features that come in handy that I don't know about. I never considered it in the past because I didn't want to put out $150 for a year subscription!

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have kept it active for 3.5 years now, and use it to search for POI, check fuel prices. Remote started the truck a couple times before I came out of a restaurant. I wish campgrounds were in the search data base, however they are not. It will not find an auto parts store, however it will fine them by name NAPA etc.

Travel link has lot of things it can do.

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your Uconnect system will integrate with Android Auto or Apple Car Play, I don't think it would be worth paying for at all.

I'm bouncing it around right now too. Not sure how much value I'll get out of $75/year to be able to send voice texts.

My 2015 Uconnect system will show me the nearest fuel stations and prices without paying for the service.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

If your Uconnect system will integrate with Android Auto or Apple Car Play, I don't think it would be worth paying for at all.

I'm bouncing it around right now too. Not sure how much value I'll get out of $75/year to be able to send voice texts.

My 2015 Uconnect system will show me the nearest fuel stations and prices without paying for the service.

^ What he said. Plug your smartphone into it and you have everything UConnect does and more. The apps available on Android and iThings are impressive. You won't get the remote start and remote unlock but I have a key fob for that.

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

turbojimmy wrote:

^ What he said. Plug your smartphone into it and you have everything UConnect does and more. The apps available on Android and iThings are impressive. You won't get the remote start and remote unlock but I have a key fob for that.

Plug in as how? To the usb port?

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

turbojimmy wrote:

Plug in as how? To the usb port?

Yes, but your uconnect must have the carplay option or it will simply function as a media player. If it does have the option than your phone will be mirrored on the uconnect screen.

I have not used the Android app.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Yes, but your uconnect must have the carplay option or it will simply function as a media player. If it does have the option than your phone will be mirrored on the uconnect screen.

I have not used the Android app.

So 2018 and newer.

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had it for the first 6 months I owned my 2014 but never renewed after the free trial ran out. The remote start was cool and the voice text was handy but neither were worth the $150/yr they wanted. At $75 it's got me thinking but I'm still not sure I'm there. I was actually shocked when I saw the 150/yr price. I figured it would have been closer to the 75/yr they are apparently begging for now.

I find the interface far more difficult than my smart phone for searching restaurants and whatnot so that feature is pretty much of zero value to me.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ucconnect? Worthwile?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.