Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ucconnect? Worthwile?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ucconnect? Worthwile?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

turbojimmy wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

I'll be using an Apple 6S

As long as you have iOS 12 you should be good. Like I said, the Apple CarPlay limitations in my '17 were frustrating. I had full functionality with my Android phone - full integration of Google Maps, Waze, GooglePlay Music, etc. Until iOS 12, what the iPhone would put up on the UConnect screen was limited by Apple - they only wanted you to use their apps and didn't allow 3rd party integration. I'm a new Apple convert and I like CarPlay's integration with UConnect much better than the Droid. The Droid was slow to react and would freeze up. My only complaint with CarPlay right now is that if I leave the phone plugged in, shut the car off, and then restart CarPlay does not reload. I have to unplug the phone and plug it back in for UConnect to "see" it.

I believe it should recognize it after a key cycle. But the uconnect can be buggy. Wouldn’t hurt to check with the dealer to see if they have an update.

whjco

Lexington, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/19 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought my 2015 Ram new and have used it since I bought the truck. I like it.

Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

turbojimmy wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

I'll be using an Apple 6S

As long as you have iOS 12 you should be good. Like I said, the Apple CarPlay limitations in my '17 were frustrating. I had full functionality with my Android phone - full integration of Google Maps, Waze, GooglePlay Music, etc. Until iOS 12, what the iPhone would put up on the UConnect screen was limited by Apple - they only wanted you to use their apps and didn't allow 3rd party integration. I'm a new Apple convert and I like CarPlay's integration with UConnect much better than the Droid. The Droid was slow to react and would freeze up. My only complaint with CarPlay right now is that if I leave the phone plugged in, shut the car off, and then restart CarPlay does not reload. I have to unplug the phone and plug it back in for UConnect to "see" it.

Thanks for the good info Jimmie

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/19 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whjco wrote:

I also use and like it. Not mentioned here is the fact that it can be used to locate your vehicle in case it is stolen - which in turn is a deduction on your insurance for a vehicle locator system.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/19 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

whjco wrote:

I also use and like it. Not mentioned here is the fact that it can be used to locate your vehicle in case it is stolen - which in turn is a deduction on your insurance for a vehicle locator system.

I would venture to guess that "they" will find your vehicle if "they" want to. OnStar will whether you're a subscriber or not.

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ucconnect? Worthwile?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.