cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrain / Equinox 6 Cyl

TS21sso
Explorer
Explorer
I have read many posts and articles about the 4 cylinders and the pulling of fuses. Either 16 or 32. But I can’t seem to find information on 6 cylinders.
I have a 2017 Terrain, 6 cyl and have recently installed all tow equipment, along with a charge wire from coach to battery on towed.
With this charge wire installed, Is it then necessary to pull any fuses before towing.
Would appreciate any input from those pulling like vehicle and what procedures you are following. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The V6 models with a charge wire do not need any fuses pulled. V6 models have hydraulic steering not electric. If you do not have a charge wire then you would need to pull fuse #32 which powers the GPS radio and shift interlock relays.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
The fuses are pulled for the electrical power steering. It seems to induce a wobble when power is available. I do not know about the six.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
If you are charging the toad while driving the rv there should not as much need to pull fuses. If you do want to pull fuses, look at Roadmaster or others for a disconnect switch. You can easily make one yourself as well.