cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

outdoor kitchen fridge question

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
I have a kystone passport 2920bh with the outdoor kitchen and mini fridge. The fridge unfortunatly does not run off propane. We like to bookdock alot, and i was thinking of hooking a 1000 watt inverter to the batteries (dual set up) to run it and have cold drinks when we have no power. My questions are ....

- Will the 1000 watt inverter be enough to run it ( i will fuse and add a switch to the line, and it will run off the dual batteries).

- Also about how much life will I get out of the batteries with it running off the inverter before I have to charge batteries.

Any other solutions also? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
When we camp w/o electric I remove the fridge & put a cooler on its place.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the fridge in my 5er with an apartment size fridge.

I have a Xantrex 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter and two GC2 batteries in series.

With a full charge on the batteries, I get 1-2 days depending on conditions.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I ran my dorm fridge off a 1000w inverter with no issues. However it was only when traveling, and the truck was always charging the trailer battery (1). If you have 2 and a good way to charge them then I donโ€™t see an issue. Once the fridge is cold it will only run to maintain the temp.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!