Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I made big mistake requesting an Good Sam insurance quote!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> I made big mistake requesting an Good Sam insurance quote!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
BeerBrewer

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a new trailer and we pick up on May 1, 2019, so I thought it would be a good idea to request some insurance quotes. I called my broker and went on line and got a few more. Good Sam was one of them and not the cheapest I might add.

The next day I got a call from an odd number and the caller ID said "Gen Insr". There are so many Telemarketing and scammers calling that we don't answer the phone unless we recognize the number. So we let the answering machine pick-up and we listen to see if they leave a message. If they do, we usually pickup the call before they hang up. So I let this odd call go and they don't leave any message. Then about one minute later we got another call from the very same number and again no message. So I thought it was just another telemarketer or scam artist. This happened at least another 2 or 3 more times in a row. This went on all through that day and the next. After about 15 or 20 calls over 2 days, I finally decided to answer the phone and it was someone selling Good Sam insurance! So I ask the person if he's been the one harassing us and his only response was "ahhh". Then I say, "I got your quote and you weren't the cheapest". Then I tell him that I think not leaving a message and repeatedly calling over and over is very unprofessional and could be considered harassment.
I tell him that I'm no longer interested in Good Sam insurance and to please stop calling. Well yesterday afternoon and calls won't stop, we've got at least 4 more today!

Is this how Good Sam does business? How do I make it stop?

Even if this their insurance was free I would not accept it.

Robyn Barnes

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sorry for the negative experience with the Good Sam Insurance Agency. I agree that the agent attempting to follow-up on your quote should have left a detailed message rather than calling multiple times. Please send me a private message with your name and phone number and I'll make sure to have you added to the Do Not Call list.

Sincerely,
Robyn Barnes

Robyn Barnes
Sr. Marketing Director
Good Sam Enterprises
[email protected]

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 12:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wow!! you just saved a huge chunk of money.

buta4

MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In cases of phone harassment like what you're experiencing, I usually would ''''''''''''''

1. Answer the phone

2. Place phone a little bit down inside of the toilet bowl

3. Flush said toilet bowl

4. Optional .... If circumstances allow, flatulate if at all possible into the bowl. (hehehe)

5.Repeat as necessary

Ray

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BeerBrewer wrote:

You have not seen anything yet. Wait about a week and watch what happens to your mailbox, better get a bigger one.

wrktfsh

Here n there

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

BeerBrewer wrote:

You have not seen anything yet. Wait about a week and watch what happens to your mailbox, better get a bigger one.

Yeah, good luck getting the dozen emails from various good Sam departments to stop.
Took multiple unsubscribes to stop the junk. I’m reluctant to order anything from CW online as I figure that would start another round of unsolicited junk

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dont totally discount all the catalogs you start getting. Along with being good fire starter material, they also contain the proper name and often even the manufacturer of a given product which may be of value to you, and the info needed to look it up on Amazon.

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/19 07:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had the same issue. After asking for a quote our phone and email were spammed to death. If you block one phone number they start using another. All this after the highest quote we have received from anyone. Chuck

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/19 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello chuckbear,

I apologize for the negative experience you have had with the Good Sam Insurance Agency. Please provide your phone number in a private message we will add that number added to the Do Not Call list.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/19 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello chuckbear,

I apologize for the negative experience you have had with the Good Sam Insurance Agency. Please provide your phone number in a private message we will add that number added to the Do Not Call list.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

No way am I going to provide you with my phone number again. It is already on the federal do not call list. Which your insurance provider has chosen to ignore. Chuck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> I made big mistake requesting an Good Sam insurance quote!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS