cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012 Arctic Fox 1150 small water leak

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small water leak, that I noticed when I was lowering the TC. Water (maybe a cup full) came out of the lower front corner of the under coach. The front drivers side corner, because the coach was slightly tilted in that direction.
I was able to remove the protective 1/4 inch underbelly which is screwed on, but it's in two sections and the rear most panel seems to be in place under the edge trim molding if that makes sense.
I hate to start pulling off edge molding, and thought about cutting it. Has anyone else ever attempted to remove this before? The purpose of this is to be able to see where the water might be coming from. Removing the front section allowed me to remove all the insulation and see the freshwater holding tank, a large square semi clear tank which seems to sit right under the front center of the coach, and the grey tank which is actually a long black tank running the length of the coach from front to back on the drivers side. The water seems to be coming spilling from the TOP of that tank, which means it could be either leaking from it (which doesn't make sense, since it's empty) or falling onto it from something else and just sitting there until I tilted the coach forward. I've spoken to Northwood and they've sort of helped, but I just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything like this or had attempted to remove the protective underbelly of the the TC to see/access the tanks.
If the tank itself is not leaking then where could the water be coming from to pool up on top of it? I should mention that the TC is completely covered in a large RV carport and cannot be rained on.
3 REPLIES 3

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
Had enough, do you mean the tank or the sub floor? the first section (front) of the sub floor was easy, like you said, but the rear section is actually UNDER the bumper and some steel girders. The guys at Northwood said to cut it out, then build a new sub frame to nail it onto when putting it back on.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
I have removed that thing many times. Mine is a little bit older than yours, but it's held on with a bunch of screws. They screw into some studs or stringers that run across. Just take off all the screws and that rear panel will pop right off.

In fact, it will fall down on you while you are unscrewing the screws. You have to sort of support at the same time so it doesn't crack.

It's definitely not a difficult project to take it off and put it back on. It's much more intimidating than it is difficult. Once you get it off, you will be surprised at how simple it is.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have any plumbing or a sink that could be dripping on top of the tank?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive