Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Last year's truck sales . GM is doing something right!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Last year's truck sales . GM is doing something right!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
SouthpawHD

WI

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/19 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Me, I'm not a fan of any of them, well, we own them all, GM, Ford and FCA. I know about the quality or lack of with FCA and I'll never forgive GM for the bailout and Ford, well Ford is just there.

Like the old saying goes, The Lord invented GM so the idiots had something to drive....

All of ours ate paid for btw.

Thank for the humble brag and letting us all know they are all paid for, that was important to know...

Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

SouthpawHD

WI

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Me, I'm not a fan of any of them, well, we own them all, GM, Ford and FCA. I know about the quality or lack of with FCA and I'll never forgive GM for the bailout and Ford, well Ford is just there.

Like the old saying goes, The Lord invented GM so the idiots had something to drive....

Double post

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/19 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GM makes a great truck, no doubt. It appears, though, that their new design is hurting sales (how could anyone think it's nice??), and Ford has just reintroduced the Ranger so that could change things for GM as well.

We do love our 2001 Yukon SLT with the trusty 5.3L though! [emoticon]

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

MARK VANDERBENT

MANHATTAN ,IL.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/19 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I actually think they are very nice! They are bold in design!
Friend just bought a trailboss, and it's very sharp and has a very nice stance. My other close friend who has only driven Ford's the last 8 years is close to pulling the trigger on a sierra.
He likes the look a lot! He also wants that tailgate with the stereo in it.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, this thread just went LOL status!
However, YES the new Trailboss 1/2 tons are THE truck that GM should have built a LONG time ago. FINALLY a factory 1/2 ton that doesn't look like a low rider.
Ford 1/2 tons are better than the other 2, but GM just finally produced the first 1/2 ton with a lift since the 01 Dodge 1500 Off Road models (which we liked so much we bought one).
There's a Trailboss parked in the office parking lot this morning...The only part about it I don't like is I think it may be my bosses new company truck! Boooooo (unless I get one too...haha)!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/19 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having owned all 3, I prefer a Ford for the heavy work, but my GM's always rode better empty. My Ford's almost always made it home, while my GM's made me walk...cars and trucks.

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually (Red)
1990 S&S 11SC Cabover
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/19 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

I don't believe you can comment on GM's recent history on truck volume since anytime a new truck is released the production volume starts off typically slow and the production usually starts off with high end high profit margin trucks. Having said this I sure see a lot the new GMC trucks and less Chevy trucks.

It wasn't long ago when ram released there new 1500 trucks and it was several months after these trucks were on dealer lots that I seen the first one on the road. Also I recall during this time ram sales numbers dropped.

I think the Chevy/GMC numbers slide back and forth. The 04.5 Chevy trucks were in my opinion were just not very attractive to me. The Cat eyed front facia made me buy GMC for those years. I went back to Chevy till now. The 2020HD's I predict will see a swing back to GMC again. They simply look better to most people according to what you read on the net. I agree with the masses in this case as well. There are fewer GMC dealers so the GMC numbers will never get to the Chevy numbers but GMC will claim more GM buyers in the coming years at least in the HD segment.

2006 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/19 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SouthpawHD wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

Thank for the humble brag and letting us all know they are all paid for, that was important to know...

Well I am not sure there would be a lot of humility in driving a paid off 97 Ford for most people. However everyone needs a goal in life I guess, glad he could achieve it.

mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/19 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksss wrote:

SouthpawHD wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

Well I am not sure there would be a lot of humility in driving a paid off 97 Ford for most people. However everyone needs a goal in life I guess, glad he could achieve it.

constructive....really constructive....aint the interwebs grand

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/19 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Chevy Silverado truck sales were down 15% in Q1. I think the Sierra was down around 5%. Glad GM had a good year overall, but recent history isn't great.

I like their cool down timer.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Last year's truck sales . GM is doing something right!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.