Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TTs with White Cabinets?

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

We are looking to buy a TT and my bride really likes white cabinets on the interior of a TT.

I have found very few that offer this. So Far:
1) Keystone on the Premier line
2) Travel Lite's Evoke Line
3) Winnebago (has a sort of washed out white wood finish)

You all know of any others?

Thanks
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
16 REPLIES 16

eend
Explorer
Explorer
Our shadow cruiser had white cabinets, and we actually liked it , made it nice a bright in the trailer without turning on the lights during a sunny day.
Our new to us airstream has oak cuboards , but they will be white soon.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
I don't quite understand the commonplace dark wood finish cabinetry in RVs and all the other complementary dark-ish earth tones. Along with the typical small windows (and some are now tinted), it makes interiors rather dark. You're supposed to be going camping and roughing it, not camping out in your fancy kitchen at home.

Basic white looks too clinical. Why not an off-white/cream color or light tan? Some colors might look good too. And some lighter colors in furniture, window trim, etc. instead of dark brown.

Seems to me that RVs are designed top to bottom by men. Imagine the difference if they had female trained interior designers doing not only the interiors but along with designing various features too.

My wife has said many times that there must be no women on RV design teams.
We looked years ago at a FunFinder with white cabinets. Recently saw a Winnie with off white cabinets. We liked both for the brighter interiors. I would have no problem with well built and finished white cabinetry.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't quite understand the commonplace dark wood finish cabinetry in RVs and all the other complementary dark-ish earth tones. Along with the typical small windows (and some are now tinted), it makes interiors rather dark. You're supposed to be going camping and roughing it, not camping out in your fancy kitchen at home.

Basic white looks too clinical. Why not an off-white/cream color or light tan? Some colors might look good too. And some lighter colors in furniture, window trim, etc. instead of dark brown.

Seems to me that RVs are designed top to bottom by men. Imagine the difference if they had female trained interior designers doing not only the interiors but along with designing various features too.

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
ADK Camper wrote:
dewey02 wrote:
Fun Finder X used to have white cabinets and interior.
I don't even know if they are currently being made in any color.

We have a 2011 Fun Finder 210WBS. It has white cabinets. Wife and I both like them. The light cabinets make the interior brighter. They also make the camper seem roomier. White cabinets are popular in stick and brick houses so why not in campers too? If you want white, keep shopping; there are a few choices out there.

Yes, I agree with this. Although we already had a new travel trailer with standard cherry-finish cabinets, we were impressed with how light and roomy the white interior made the Fun Finder. Many lower end trailers don't have many windows or have very small windows and are naturally dark on the inside. The white cabinets and trim made it look much brighter.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Capital J wrote:
I actually like the white interiors ... as someone said earlier, it makes the whole inside look and feel bigger and brighter. The thing is, how do they make it 'white'. If it's a quality laminate it's probably fine.

We bought a FR 2603 in 2008 with the white interior. Loved it ... but the cabinets were all made with a kind of iron-on film ... 'know what I'm sayin'. It was good for a couple of years and then the film started to ripple at quite a few of the joints and some of the film actually peeled-off. Disappointing!

So .... all I'm saying is to check the basic materials. If it's that thermo stuff ... I recommend you avoid it. Cheap as they make them, the stained wood cabinets and frames might serve you better.

Cheers,
John

Very much the go here in Australia, goes with the pop out large windows to allow light in the interior

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:
Gdetrailer wrote:
Not really, wasn't very popular 15 yrs ago when I was looking to buy a RV, matter of fact, can't recall seeing any in white at the RV shows I went to.

You may not have seen them yourself but white interiors were all the rage in the mid 2000s, with several manufacturers going that way. Friends of ours owned a Starcraft Antigua 305QBS and it was all white cabinets, sure didn't care for it myself, but fortunately the trend only lasted a couple more years then was gone. Good riddance. :W

"Trendy" is the term and the issue with "trendy" is, well, the "trend" eventually dies out. Trendy also has an ugly habit of coming back from the dead but once again to die out..

There is usually pretty good reasons that this happens, that pix is a good example, it looks like, well, a STERILE ENVIRONMENT, A DOCTORS OFFICE, A CLINIC OR EVEN A OFFICE CUBICAL.. Not much color to work with to balance all of that white just looks unnatural.

White can be good IF applied with pops of WARM natural colors but that pix is a buzz kill to me, looks like a mobile doctors office..

Like I mentioned before, IF you must have all white cabinets and you cannot find the floor plan or trailer of your dreams with white cabinets $30 in WHITE PAINT and a weekend of your life can easily turn beautiful wood grain cabinets into the sterile white landscape of your dreams..

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
I have not seen them but understand that the Jayco Eagle has them as an option.

Capital_J
Explorer
Explorer
I actually like the white interiors ... as someone said earlier, it makes the whole inside look and feel bigger and brighter. The thing is, how do they make it 'white'. If it's a quality laminate it's probably fine.

We bought a FR 2603 in 2008 with the white interior. Loved it ... but the cabinets were all made with a kind of iron-on film ... 'know what I'm sayin'. It was good for a couple of years and then the film started to ripple at quite a few of the joints and some of the film actually peeled-off. Disappointing!

So .... all I'm saying is to check the basic materials. If it's that thermo stuff ... I recommend you avoid it. Cheap as they make them, the stained wood cabinets and frames might serve you better.

Cheers,
John

6_2Superduty
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone Bullet has some models with white cabinets. At the t.v. show this year they had the ,model we bought last year in white. Wife loved it,I'm glad it wasn't available when we bought.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I would look at each mfg Web site at the different models for the ones with white cabnets. This will also let you know the Floorplan and specs.

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
I don't even know if they are currently being made in any color.[/quotle]

We have a 2011 Fun Finder 210WBS. It has white cabinets. Wife and I both like them. The light cabinets make the interior brighter. They also make the camper seem roomier. White cabinets are popular in stick and brick houses so why not in campers too? If you want white, keep shopping; there are a few choices out there.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
Not really, wasn't very popular 15 yrs ago when I was looking to buy a RV, matter of fact, can't recall seeing any in white at the RV shows I went to.

You may not have seen them yourself but white interiors were all the rage in the mid 2000s, with several manufacturers going that way. Friends of ours owned a Starcraft Antigua 305QBS and it was all white cabinets, sure didn't care for it myself, but fortunately the trend only lasted a couple more years then was gone. Good riddance. :W

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
I don't even know if they are currently being made in any color.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Paint them?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad