cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reno/sparks, Nevada service center

majordad
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone with a diesel Motorhome, if you are ever in the Reno/Sparks area of northern Nevada and need maintenance, I do not recommend Velocity Truck Center, the Freightliner dealer in Sparks. I donโ€™t have a comfortable feeling with their Motorhome section. My fleetwood discovery is a freightliner chassis and has a bad dash air compressor. I took it in yesterday morn for my appointment at 0900 and they still have it.

May change my opinion after I get the bill, but probably not.

Rocky Mountain Cummins is a much friendly place for service
9 REPLIES 9

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
FIRE UP wrote:
majordad wrote:
The service manager at the Sparks store, denied that it could have happened there, but Corporate has to.d me, they will pay for the repair.

"Corporate has to.d me"???
Scott

I think if you replace the period with an L it will make sense. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
majordad wrote:
The service manager at the Sparks store, denied that it could have happened there, but Corporate has to.d me, they will pay for the repair.

"Corporate has to.d me"???
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

majordad
Explorer
Explorer
The service manager at the Sparks store, denied that it could have happened there, but Corporate has told me, they will pay for the repair.

Fat fingers, what can I say

gswcgi
Explorer
Explorer
If in need for diesel/Allison tranny service I highly recommend the the Detroit Diesel/Allison dealer in Reno. Great service and fairly priced.
'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno. When I first read Majordad's initial post, I thought it was a bit strange that he began slamming the company after only dropping the RV off. No work had been done yet. Yes, they "still had the RV", but that is not that uncommon.

Then he comes back slamming them again for a gash in the side, and reported a $589 diagnosis. Something does not seem right here, or is it just me?

On edit, it does seem as if there are quite a few unhappy people based on their reviews.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

majordad
Explorer
Explorer
Got the motor home back yesterday afternoon, and this morning discovered a deep gash in the fiberglass just past the slide out on the driver side rear. Sent pictures to service guy that answered the phone this morning. He said he would pass it to the manager on Monday, weโ€™ll see.
$589.00 to diagnose and tell me system was out of Freon, which I already knew before I took it in

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well Gang,
Not really pertaining to A/C but, when we needed the valves adjusted in our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT, I took it to Cashman CAT, there in Sparks. Man, what great service. I was in there at 07:00 on a Monday and, I was driving out, at 09:30. I watched the tech do all the valves and was talking to him as he worked. He was an outstanding tech with lots of valuable info for me. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat, based on your needs and chassis.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Velocity had my coach for 3-1/2 days to reprogram my exhaust brake, which they ultimately determined they couldn't do because Gaffney wouldn't allow it. I have a dash cam in my coach, one day they left the coach idling in front of a bay door for 3 hours and moved it back in a parking space. Next day same thing with 2-1/2 hours of idle time.

Long story short I got a complete brush-off by the General Manager when I complained.

I see you're located in Carson City. In the future depending on the complexity of the issues you need taken care of, you might try:

Performance Auto Care
4520 Oak St
Carson City
775-883-3190 Ask for Nick
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
majordad wrote:
For anyone with a diesel Motorhome, if you are ever in the Reno/Sparks area of northern Nevada and need maintenance, I do not recommend Velocity Truck Center, the Freightliner dealer in Sparks. I donโ€™t have a comfortable feeling with their Motorhome section. My fleetwood discovery is a freightliner chassis and has a bad dash air compressor. I took it in yesterday morn for my appointment at 0900 and they still have it.

May change my opinion after I get the bill, but probably not.

Rocky Mountain Cummins is a much friendly place for service

Yep, Rocky Mountain Cummins is a Cummins Coach Care Service facility.