cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remove 3 m from front of coach

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
Soooo whats a fair price to pay someone to remove this **** from my motorhome.??
11 REPLIES 11

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed ^
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I would rather paint the front than have than junk on my coach again.. wife and I removed it in a couple days labor... not bad, took our time. Mine was still under warranty but they refused to honor the warranty. Newmar quoted me $6,000 for the job.

Rocks chips are easily repaired.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
2chiefsRus wrote:
Highly Recommended! This place did ours and 7 of our friends' coaches. All owners very satisfied.

I contacted this company and they were very helpful. I was getting a quote before looking at a motorhome we were considering for purchase. We didn't buy it, so I don't have any actual experience with the company. But, if I did need the shield removed, I'd have them do it on one of our annual winter treks to Florida.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Bruce_Brown
2bzy2c wrote:
It seems to me that this Diamond Shield or whatever it is called, is very expensive and does not last that long. Then you are faced with the cost of removing it, and (gawd) the cost of replacing it. While it protects the paint, I get that, but the cost seems extraordinary. Would it possibly be less costly to just have the front cap repainted when it needs it....if at all?

Yet we've had it on our last 2 MHs and it's been great.

I did the first one myself; it didn't come with it from the factory, I got a stone chip on the 4 mile ride home from the dealer, so I ordered bulk 3M material and installed it myself (tough job, BTW).

Our current MH is almost 12 years old and the factory installed DS still looks new.

With that said, I've also seen the ugly, crappy, moldy ones too. Why does it seem to be great on some and terrible on others?
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to me that this Diamond Shield or whatever it is called, is very expensive and does not last that long. Then you are faced with the cost of removing it, and (gawd) the cost of replacing it. While it protects the paint, I get that, but the cost seems extraordinary. Would it possibly be less costly to just have the front cap repainted when it needs it....if at all?
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Highly Recommended! This place did ours and 7 of our friends' coaches. All owners very satisfied.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Diamond Shield looked terrible at five years. DS laughed.

I was quoted $1200 to remove. It did protect the paint.

I removed the lower. Over windshield still there and looks like craapp..
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends on where you are. East coast removal is cheaper than west coast. I paid $1250 to have mine removed. Paint is perfect underneath. Not a job I'd want to do myself altho there are many on this forum who have. I don't have the patience. Anyway, mine was removed in Arizona. Diamond Shield will put new on from $1100-1350 depending on several factors. It's worth removing the old. I'm still contemplating the value if I want to put the new on. I would have installed it but scheduling was an issue as we were leaving for Vegas the earliest day they could have done it. I might have it installed when we return to Arizona in the winter...BTW-3M is, IMO, junk compared to Diamond Shield. Most issues are with 3M......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnโ€™t call it garbage! It does an excellent job at protecting the paint! Imagine what it would look like without it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Paid $700 for removal and $1500 for reinstall of Diamond Shield + a custom "Phaeton" decal last May at Florida Applied Films in Seffner FL. The Diamond Shield that was applied has a "Lifetime Warranty". The paint was perfect under the moldy original film, other than 3 rock chips which were touched up. We arrived at the shop at 9:00am and were back at our campsite by 11:30am on the morning of removal. A kit was ordered for overnight delivery, the kit arrived shop about 10:00am and we were all done by 2 pm. 3 men did the removal and install.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve screen a couple companies here on Fl that charge about 800 to do the job.
Itโ€™s very time consuming
Bill