Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Firefox disables add-ons
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Firefox disables add-ons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/19 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems to be fixed now.

With Firefox and Adblock, I had forgotten about all the ads on the internet that "normal" people have to deal with!

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/19 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been like that for days now for me. They keep saying the fix is coming. I'm not waiting. I'm back to Chrome. Chuck

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/19 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chuckbear wrote:

Been like that for days now for me. They keep saying the fix is coming. I'm not waiting. I'm back to Chrome. Chuck

Most versions of FF you CAN overide this stupidity..

In your address bar, type in "about : config" ( no space between the colon, forum makes a smiley face when I wrote it without spaces without the quotes of course).

Go down the list to:

"xpinstall.signatures.required" and toggle from "true" to "false"

Close and RESTART FF and your addons now will be back to working order provided you did not remove them.

IF you did happen to uninstall your disabled addons, this "might" allow them to reinstall instead of failing (I have not tried that as of yet).

On edit, tried this on my DDs computer, does not fix the reistallation failing for addons. Looks like FF developers stupidity has broken ALL installations of addons..

Way to go FF developers, you guys ARE more of a menace than the supposed bad third party developers of addons that you were supposedly protecting us from [emoticon]

* This post was edited 05/05/19 04:24pm by Gdetrailer *

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/19 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shastagary wrote:

they say a fix is coming Add-ons disabled or fail to install on Firefox
This worked for me just fine, took about 3 hours and my Roboform, Adblock Plus, and Emo are back and working like they should.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/19 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

shastagary wrote:

This worked for me just fine, took about 3 hours and my Roboform, Adblock Plus, and Emo are back and working like they should.

The "fix" to failed addons installing is in the newly released version 66 in the link.

That just fixed my DDs FF and was able to reinstall AdBlockPlus that she had deleted while trying to get AdBlockPlus working.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/19 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

shastagary wrote:

The "fix" to failed addons installing is in the newly released version 66 in the link.

That just fixed my DDs FF and was able to reinstall AdBlockPlus that she had deleted while trying to get AdBlockPlus working.
From what I read the link is to get the add-ons working for the time being, basically a work-around. They are supposed to be working on an actual fix, but dunno how that's going.

On Edit, they have indeed fixed the issue. They hadn't earlier today, but all seems to be well now.

* This post was edited 05/05/19 08:51pm by fj12ryder *

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did have to update to 66 and in the process of trying the workaround, lost all my addons. I had to go find them and reinstall. Chuck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Firefox disables add-ons
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS