Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Dometic Refrigerator E3 code
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic Refrigerator E3 code

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

ChuckSteed wrote:

I’d still find the hi limit reset switch located on the stack for the burner and electric heating element and press it to reset the hi limit switch

If the Hi limit switch is tripped, you will NOT have power to the refer and controls. The OP does have power to his eyebrow board. Doug

So apparently this wasn’t the case with the OP’s fridge as he got an E3 code with that reset tripped.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

ChuckSteed wrote:

I’d still find the hi limit reset switch located on the stack for the burner and electric heating element and press it to reset the hi limit switch

If the Hi limit switch is tripped, you will NOT have power to the refer and controls. The OP does have power to his eyebrow board. Doug

So apparently this wasn’t the case with the OP’s fridge as he got an E3 code with that reset tripped.

True, His model must be a completely different model than the rest of the Dometics. That temp switch is supposed to kill all 12 volt power to the refer, UNLESS someone has rewired that switch. That switch usually has 2- red wires to it. His shows a red and yellow. Doug

mxdad777

Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/19 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

wnjj wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

ChuckSteed wrote:

True, His model must be a completely different model than the rest of the Dometics. That temp switch is supposed to kill all 12 volt power to the refer, UNLESS someone has rewired that switch. That switch usually has 2- red wires to it. His shows a red and yellow. Doug

I have no idea what other models of Dometic refrigerators are out there, but for reference, the model number on my Dometic is RM1350SLMX. I highly doubt that anyone has touched the unit since coming from the factory. The trailer was bought brand new by an acquaintance after they lost their house in a fire. They were planning on living in it until they could rebuild their house. Plans changed and they ended up purchasing a different home. They only lived in it for a couple of months and never had any problems with anything in the trailer. I bought the trailer from them a month ago and everything worked great until my 220v blunder. Anyway, everything is working great again now and the wife and I are anxious to hit the road. Thanks again for the help and input.

2018 Rockwood Signature 8299BS 5th wheel
2019 GMC Duramax 4x4

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just checked the wiring schematic for all variations of the 1350. ALL show 2 red wires going to that Limit switch. AND, if that is tripped, there is NO 12 volt power to the refer controls per the wiring schematic. Doug

burchmorgand

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/19 10:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman! Thanks so much! I was pulling my hair out, trying to troubleshoot this blasted E3 code. All I kept seeing was “reset the high limit switch”. Where!? No mention of it in the manual.

Then I saw your pic, went to my unit, pushed that little button in and voila!

Thanks a million!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic Refrigerator E3 code
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.