cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water lines are killing me

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer
It has been a crazy weekend for water lines. First the pressure water inlet starts leaking. Fixed that. Second the coupler connecting the line from the fresh tank to the pump starts leaking and when. I try to take it off to see what's up the nipple on the pump shears off. New pump and fittings and we have water again. Now this morning getting ready to take a shower and I hear a loud pop and water rushing. The bypass valve for the water heater blew apart. Took off the winterizing kit and put the lines dirct to the water heater and now it is heating back up. What else can go wrong this weekend?

We are living in the camper for the next month and I hope the madness stops.

So my question is water got into the carpet under the bed, how do I dry it all out?
9 REPLIES 9

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes when it rains it pours. Hopefully these events will mean that you got all the bugs worked out early and the rest of the year will be event free.

I have a low point drain for my water heater that had a plug screwed into a collar that goes around the line. The collar got old and cracked so that there is no way to get the plug tight anymore. Last year a bolt with a o-ring on it screwed up into the line got me through the season. This year the bolt would not hold. The other day I tried a self starting bolt with a flat rubber washer on it screwed into the line. That has been holding for a few days and I have my fingers crossed.

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer
As for winterizing the trailer. I do both. I blow out all the lines and then put in antifreeze. I am thinking it is just age. The camper is a 98 and we have had it for 10 years and from what I can see the lines and even the pump are original.

rbpru, sorry to hear you are having issues also. hope you can figure it out and get back at it.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
You have my sympathy I was leaving on vacation last week and sprung a leak on the bathroom sink hot water. Did a quickie repair job working left handed under the cabinet access panel.

I still had some pressure loss and the repair failed the next day. So, I shut the water heater input, output and bypass valves off. The cold water line will hold the pressure all night.

We heated water in the coffee pot like in the old days.

Now that we are home I get to remove the bathroom vanity to start my hot water line leak hunt, starting with the hot water buried behind the bathroom drawers.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
Seems odd to have these many problems with water lines all at the same time. Just wondering if you winterized the system correctly last fall? Did you use antifreeze or just blow it out?

I read the OP and thought the same exact thing...something wasn't done correctly with Winterizing.
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Seems odd to have these many problems with water lines all at the same time. Just wondering if you winterized the system correctly last fall? Did you use antifreeze or just blow it out?
2010 Suncruiser

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a fan and let it blow across the carpet for a couple of days.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
maybe you have to much pressure on your system.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just running the air cond. will take it out .

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If you have access to a shop vac, use it to suck up as much water as possible.
Then run a dehumidifier, or at least a fan to finish drying the carpet.