Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: New coffee maker
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New coffee maker

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ealdun wrote:

Keurig Plus Single Serve K-Mini Coffee Maker For RV prides itself on being one of the most user-friendly options available in its market. It has numerous features that would be incredibly beneficial to any coffee-drinking RV owner.
But the feature I find myself loving is its using process. You see this model has seamless button control, which makes finding the perfect setting is as easy as possible. It’s also beneficial that the initial setup has been proven to be remarkably simple.

Coffeemakers review

That is a very odd review page.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

I am surprised so few people are recommending a French Press coffee maker. Simple, uses no electricity, makes great coffee. \

Well as I said I had a el-cheapo one before and did not like it.
The one I got this week.. Well I've used it twice so far and yes it made a great cup of coffee.. Full up it's 24 ounces Nice. Good flavor, not the least bit bitter (using the same coffee I use in the auto-drip) way better.. Bit messier but this one is not that bad.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

jeremy_kirby

Seattle, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 02:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since missus have problems with blood pressure she doesn't drink coffee anymore, and I switched to french press - but, well, to be honest I've never liked it as it never came out the same. The roast is the same, it's just me who couldn't master it.
So I swapped it for a single-serve coffeemaker (from Black+Decker, CM618) and it works well for me. It's not an option if you're going to make coffee for your guests (as it's just really small, one travel mug), still results are nice.

* This post was edited 12/27/19 09:02pm by jeremy_kirby *

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Much as I enjoy my 3 mug stovetop percolator, sometimes when off the grid I use the old broken electric drip that we replaced in the house years ago. I set the grinds in the basket as usual while heating a teapot of water on the stove and then pour it into the grinds. Takes about 2 minutes to pour over the grinds and flow into the decanter. I also disabled the “sneak a cup” spring valve on the bottom of the basket.

1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

I am surprised so few people are recommending a French Press coffee maker. Simple, uses no electricity, makes great coffee.

We use a big stainless steel percolator when we will be having a lot of coffee. When we know it is just going to be a few coffee mugs, then we use the french press.
French press is great, makes exceptionally flavorful coffee, but I always considered it a bit of a hassle to clean up.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"French press is great, makes exceptionally flavorful coffee, but I always considered it a bit of a hassle to clean up."

To elevate the "HASSLE" simply tell Peggy she has a new job! Let me know how that goes.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once I regain consciousness I'll do that. LOL

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/19 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hate the mess of a French press. I also do not like the grounds that make it into the coffee past the press. On top of that I like more than one cup in the morning. Any extra coffee leftover in the press is too cold to drink so that means cleaning the press and making an additional cup, probably 3x in the morning. I will stick with the mellita and make a full thermos of coffee at once, then dump the filter paper and grounds.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tried em all! Even gave our friends our $150 Keurig. This is simple, owned for 2-3 years now.

[image]

Smitty77

OnDRoad

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/19 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been very please with the effective and KISS design of this electric unit. I do recommend PSW inverter, if not on Shore Power. Great coffee, of course with fresh ground coffee[emoticon]!

We also have a stainless steel copper clad bottom Revele(SP?), it came from a set given to my parents on their wedding day back in the early 40's. We use it out around the campfire, while waiting to watch sunrises. And, it doubles as a last ditch emergency source of good coffee, in case of major coach problems[emoticon]!

May the perk be with you,
Smitty

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/technivorm-moccamaster-manual-coffee-maker-thermal-carafe/?catalogId=21&sku=2345833&cm_ven=PLA&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=&cm_ite=2345833&gclid=Cj0KCQiArozwBRDOARIsAHo2s7sLC6VlMIafNGzEFpcLzbvinadtguFpAzxbgK0YrV4pCXFwZ-kRdYkaAiQ9EALw_wcB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New coffee maker
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.