cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

magnetic cam locks?

BeerBrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever heard of or used magnetic cam locks to replace the locks on the front storage locker?

they took very interesting.
7 REPLIES 7

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I leave my doors unlocked. There is nothing in the compartments that is more valuable than the cost of replacing the door. They can take my bicycle pump and a few tools if they like. Just don't break my compartment door!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
ctilsie242 wrote:
I would go for a set of cam locks that use an automotive key, or a set that uses a triangle-shaped wrench to open. It doesn't take much to wrench open those doors., and the only thing you really need the cam for is a deterrence from skulkers.

I wish RV makers would reinforce the doors so it would actually take some force or some better tools to open the compartments. At the minimum, have the door completely flush, or countersunk in slightly so there is no easy way to lever it open.
I can kind of see your point, but how often have you heard of people having stuff stolen from their trailer? Except when in storage? Shoot, I don't even lock the compartments when we travel, and have never had anything go missing.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I would go for a set of cam locks that use an automotive key, or a set that uses a triangle-shaped wrench to open. It doesn't take much to wrench open those doors., and the only thing you really need the cam for is a deterrence from skulkers.

I wish RV makers would reinforce the doors so it would actually take some force or some better tools to open the compartments. At the minimum, have the door completely flush, or countersunk in slightly so there is no easy way to lever it open.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
They look interesting, but why spend that much money for the lock when the framework can be defeated with a simple medium sized screwdriver. You'd be putting a $25 lock on a 10 cent door.

x2
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
They look interesting, but why spend that much money for the lock when the framework can be defeated with a simple medium sized screwdriver. You'd be putting a $25 lock on a 10 cent door.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't want a fat key containing magnets in my pocket.