Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roadside Assistance billing scam
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance billing scam

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
canoehenge

New Braunfels

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ever since we joined the Good Sam Club we continually receive literature enjoining us to sign up for this or that Good Sam benefit. Several times I have received what appears to be a billing invoice for Roadside Assistance. It states it was issued to me and my Good Sam Platinum Roadside Assistance Number xxxx will expire. It gives a Total Due. I wonder how many people fall for this scam and go ahead and pay for something they don't need or want. Obviously, Good Sam has taken a lesson from the health insurance industry in trying to pick the pockets of unsuspecting members. Any thoughts on this?

Bert
04 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins pulling a 2012 Crusader 5th Wheel

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 11:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

canoehenge,

Thank you for your time and posting. We do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. Please note Good Sam Club and Roadside Assistance will send out renewals early for a couple reasons. One, there might be a special price available to the member for an early renewal. Second a lot of our members travel during the spring, summer and fall. The early renewals provide and helps those members remain covered to keep the peace of mind. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. We all would be happy to help. Have a great day and travel safe always.

Thank you,

Mark
Good Sam Care Team

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/19 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would suggest you take these to your local consumer protection agency and file a complaint. Chuck

BadgerMcAdams

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

canoehenge,

Thank you for your time and posting. We do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. Please note Good Sam Club and Roadside Assistance will send out renewals early for a couple reasons. One, there might be a special price available to the member for an early renewal. Second a lot of our members travel during the spring, summer and fall. The early renewals provide and helps those members remain covered to keep the peace of mind. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. We all would be happy to help. Have a great day and travel safe always.

Thank you,

Mark
Good Sam Care Team

When I was a member, I also received the same "Renewal Due" letter...3 months after I had joined. Yes, you say that it is to help those who travel and to offer special pricing for the service. This may be true and business is business.

But Maybe, on the notice, in BIG READABLE LETTERS it should say, "Hi This is Good Sam, we are offering you a Special Pricing for early renewal" or "This is an early reminder letter so you don't miss your renewal period. You DON'T owe now, just a friendly note from our family to yours"

This way, it is less confusing, and it looks less like you are trying to get people to pay again for what they are already covered on, and comes across as more caring for the customer.

Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary, see dealer for details.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello BadgerMcAdams,

Thank you for your time and providing your feedback. I will pass on your suggestion to the leadership team for review.
Have a good day.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/19 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance billing scam
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS