cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freshwater tank question

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
I own a travel trailer and my sister in law just bought a 2019 Thor C-Class 28Z and since the dealer did not bother to explain how everything works I was asked to do so. Not a big deal as I am a long time camper but for the life of me I can not figure out where or how the freshwater tank drains. On my TT it just drains out on the ground. Does a C-Class drain into the gray tank? And is so any ideas on where the valve might be?

Thanks for any help.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds
13 REPLIES 13

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good job, tnx for the update.

bobndot

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your help. He found it under the bed in the back. Tank, pump, and valves all in one location.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I will check there for the water pump. Thanks

As I think of more places, sometimes you have to remove a bottom drawer in the kitchen to gain access to a pump or LP drains .

FW drain tube hunting is a lot fun isn't it ? Kids seem to like it a lot too. They do well hunting Easter eggs !

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Our tank is under the floor right at the back with its drain tap somewhat obscured by the bumper. I keep a clear plastic tube on it so I can see the full level in the tank easily and accurately by just opening the tap.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
My older 28A had the fresh water drain spigot on the driver’s side. It was below the other outside water connections.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
The low point drain for the fresh water should be a small line with a valve somewhere under the RV or near the FW pump. But, since this is new RV a simple call to Thor and they will email you the plumbing schematics that show where the LPD is.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Keep in mind that many TT's FWT is strapped and exposed under the TT while a MH's FWT is often mounted inside supported by the floor. A longer tube is involved and could be run anywhere where they have room for a clean run to the ground. My class C tube ties into the low point drain cold line below my chassis but the petcock is inside a storage compartment.

Sometimes they hide a drain petcock inside a baggage compartment behind a trap door . I have a hinged trap door inside the compartment where the water pump is housed as well as the winterizing valve (pick up tube) . Some rv's also have the fresh water drain petcock in that location .
Other places are below the fridge , there might be a removable panel screwed in place or under the bed near the tank itself.

I did notice what looked like a removable panel under the fridge. Which is about the location above the freshwater tank. I will check there for the water pump. Thanks
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
jgellis586 wrote:
I have the same rv except i s a 2017. The fresh water drain is on the drivers side towards the back of the rv. It is a small spigot that runs to open and let the water drain.

Thanks I will look in that area again.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep in mind that many TT's FWT is strapped and exposed under the TT while a MH's FWT is often mounted inside supported by the floor. A longer tube is involved and could be run anywhere where they have room for a clean run to the ground. My class C tube ties into the low point drain cold line below my chassis but the petcock is inside a storage compartment.

Sometimes they hide a drain petcock inside a baggage compartment behind a trap door . I have a hinged trap door inside the compartment where the water pump is housed as well as the winterizing valve (pick up tube) . Some rv's also have the fresh water drain petcock in that location .
Other places are below the fridge , there might be a removable panel screwed in place or under the bed near the tank itself.

jgellis586
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same rv except i s a 2017. The fresh water drain is on the drivers side towards the back of the rv. It is a small spigot that runs to open and let the water drain.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
There should be a section in her owners manual (if it came with one) that says where it is. But it would not drain into one of the holding tanks. Check in the storage bays underneath the water tank and you should find a valve.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fresh water tank 40 gallons
Grey tank 32 gallons
Black tank 26 gallons

Fresh water tank would not drain into either waste tank

Contact Thor and inquire
Customer Service (877) 855-2867
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
no on the grey water tank.
there should be a pipe from the FW tank at a low location and valve/cap on that.
bumpy