cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox Fox Landing Extra Step.

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my 1140 the fox landing bottom step is too high. We have a folding step we put out most of the time.

I am wondering if anyone has retrofit a glowstep to get an extra step. I have looked at a few video's of it working but not sure it would stow well with the landing in the up position.

Anyone had luck with adding a step?
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)
13 REPLIES 13

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I plan to load it up in the next day or two and do some measuring. Thanks for all the ideas.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I've seen someone totally remove the step that comes with the Fox Landing and install a set of Torklift Steps with the Stow-n-Go bracket.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
duplicate
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
SoonDockin wrote:

I am wondering if anyone has retrofit a glowstep to get an extra step.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Adding a step to Glow Steps is like playing with LEGO blocks.
Pretty easy. We have some pictorials on the forum, but if you have bumper as a top step, you might want to rearrange top Glow Step to be level with it, what in my case made whole World of the difference.

Fox Landing does not use a Glow Step, so adding one step to something that is not there in the first place is impossible - you can't add a Lego when there isn't one to add to.
Bob

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
I am confused what is the problem here.
If the problem is too high bottom step, that step sits on singe U -bend piece of aluminium.
All it takes is drill new holes in it, 1 or 2" lower than factory design it.
What it could have to do with adding a step? :h

Because they’re not scissor steps.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
The problem I see with using Torklift or any other scissor steps to add step is they fold from the bottom up- meaning top step is the mount point and would need to be mounted to the landing. Or simply replacing the bolted on step assy. They would fold up and be store- able much as existing step works.
The easiest, though most expensive, would be using the TorkLift Stow-N-Go setup attached to the landing. Likely need a four step (top tread flush to landing). Other than gaining 8" deep treads you'd get 7 1/2" between steps with contact to ground for more stability.

All that said I noted Northwood lists "Addl. Fox Landing steps" under options. NO other info so dont know exactly what it is. Found a video that also mention availability of "additional" step addition. https://youtu.be/LR2SnjprYMU?t=174 and mentioned again at end of video.
It may be another complete step but it may be and sounds like, one that is added to existing step. Might be worth contacting Northwood or your dealer.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I am confused what is the problem here.
If the problem is too high bottom step, that step sits on singe U -bend piece of aluminium.
All it takes is drill new holes in it, 1 or 2" lower than factory design it.
What it could have to do with adding a step? :h

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a step like that. We are just looking for something that does not require opening storage for a quick bathroom break.

996Pilot
Explorer
Explorer
We use this step It's adjustable for unlevel ground - works great and fits in the slide compartment
2018 Arctic Fox 811
2015 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins 68RFE Timbren SES, Lower Stableloads
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 48RE TRADED
2006 Outfitter Apex 8 TRADED

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Adding a step to Glow Steps is like playing with LEGO blocks.
Pretty easy. We have some pictorials on the forum, but if you have bumper as a top step, you might want to rearrange top Glow Step to be level with it, what in my case made whole World of the difference.

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be interested to see your mod. Here is a link you can post a pic http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
I also have an Arctic Fox but it's the 990 model. Decided to go with the fox landing and the standard fold down single step when we ordered the camper but after driving up to Oregon to pick it up and set it on the truck I realized that I might possibly need another step. So I used the existing swing down step as a guide and made another aluminum step that could be bolted on to the bottom step after we get to our travel destination. Takes 2 minutes to take off or put on. I store it inside the generator compartment to keep it handy if I need to use it. Trying to figure out how to post up a picture. If need be you can contact me via e-mail.