cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Beacon Truck Wash and paint protective film

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 Winnebago came with paint protection film on the front of the RV. Until our last trip I have always hand washed it myself and have been pleasantly surprised at how well the film has protected the front from rock chipping and any other damage. On our last trip, we stopped in Kingman AZ after seeing a Blue Beacon Truck Wash sign. We'd endured quite a bit of light rain on our 3 week trip that was enough to cover the RV with dirt but not heavy enough to wash any off. Blue Beacon did an outstanding job, thoroughly cleaning off the filth. After we got home, I only had some bugs to clean off the front from Nevada's farming district. I then noticed milky white streaks I'd never noticed before on the film. The rest of the RV's paint showed none of this. The cleaner/polish sold by the film manufacturer that had previously done an outstanding job shining up the film would do nothing for the streaks. The streaks were obviously made by water/cleaner flowing down the surface as where there were trim pieces that concentrated the streams, the milkyness was more pronounced. How long has the film lasted for everyone? The film company has a 10 year warranty but I doubt they'd cover something like this. Has anyone else used Blue Beacon and noticed film damage after a wash?
6 REPLIES 6

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
We have the protective film on the front and have been to Ble Beacon twice. We've had no issues with streaking.

Horse doc - what is CC?
Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
2012 Chevy Equinox

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a rubber roof? Possibly the milky streaks are from the roof starting to shed particulate. It happens all the time as the roof ages. Being a 2015, yours is a little early to have this issue.

Chum lee

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
What is paint protection?

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used Blue Beacon a number of times on a previous coach. The wheels suffered.
Don't use CC on this coach at all
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know Blue Beacon is if anything over-cautious when washing RV's so I doubt it was their fault. I also know sometimes those protection films... Fail.. And why but that is rather involved.. Sounds like yours has a failure.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 2010 Winnebago Suncruiser which also has a paint protection film on the front (not sure if its the same film as yours, sort of a clear vinyl). Our Suncruiser has been thru many a Blue Beacon Truck wash over the years and we have not experienced the issue you have or any others. Of note, I have never used any cleaner or polish on this film, just soap and water.
2010 Suncruiser