Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What brands of Travel Trailers are NEW & Quality
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> What brands of Travel Trailers are NEW & Quality

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 03:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

A few words from here we imported the grand total of 60 US RV's into Australia. About 500 from Europe and 10,000 from China last year on top of 25,000 locally made ones
So in comparison US quality is pretty bad

I've bought and accumulated a lot of things over the years, but can honestly say I have never seen anything with a stamp that said "Made in Australia". I am sure everything there is A#1 100% high quality in spite of the rules of economics.

The US RV Industry has a hard time keeping up with demand in North America, they have no need to export product to a minuscule market 9500 miles away that supports sales of 35,560 units yearly. You can be sure it has been researched to no end by US manufacturers, and found to not make any economic sense no matter what the quality level is.

Saying US quality is bad as a general rule based on sales of RV's in or imports to Austrailia is like saying anything made in Austrailia is pretty bad quality because they don't export anything to Latvia or Iceland.

* This post was edited 12/20/19 06:08am by GDS-3950BH *

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

A few words from here we imported the grand total of 60 US RV's into Australia. About 500 from Europe and 10,000 from China last year on top of 25,000 locally made ones

Robert, I've seen you post your opinion that Chinese RVs are trash, complete with pics of abandoned shells that were left where they broke down. So if import numbers are to be used as a gauge of quality, does that mean the Euro products are worse than the Chinese offerings, but better than US made RVs?
Curious too if the US imports were something on the upper end, like say an Airstream or a Northwood product, or were they entry lever Forest River trailers?

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

I've bought and accumulated a lot of things over the years, but can honestly say I have never seen anything with a stamp that said "Made in Australia". I am sure everything there is A#1 100% high quality in spite of the rules of economics.

The US RV Industry has a hard time keeping up with demand in North America, they have no need to export product to a minuscule market 9500 miles away that supports sales of 35,560 units yearly. You can be sure it has been researched to no end by US manufacturers, and found to not make any economic sense no matter what the quality level is.

Saying US quality is bad as a general rule based on sales of RV's in or imports to Austrailia is like saying anything made in Austrailia is pretty bad quality because they don't export anything to Latvia or Iceland.

No they have a reputation for poor quality, hence tiny salesm Australian Product you maybe aware of in the RV lifestyle? RESMED Sleep Apnea machine

* This post was edited 12/20/19 11:53am by RobertRyan *

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

Robert, I've seen you post your opinion that Chinese RVs are trash, complete with pics of abandoned shells that were left where they broke down. So if import numbers are to be used as a gauge of quality, does that mean the Euro products are worse than the Chinese offerings, but better than US made RVs?
Curious too if the US imports were something on the upper end, like say an Airstream or a Northwood product, or were they entry lever Forest River trailers?

Ironically Yes and I do not like the Chinese. They do Off Road Caravans, campertrailers but Australians design and distribute them.
US pfoducts are a mixture, of very cheap Travel Trailers,TC's, some 5th Wheelers high end Toyhaulers Tiffin 30ft Motorhomes maybe an Airstream
500 European Caravans are driven by nostalgia by European expats mainly, European Manufacturer Baily has ztopped building their Australianized Caravans here
They are converting RAM and Silverado vehicles here primarily as lifestyle, advertising or tow vehicles. Vehicles have to be remanufactured to RHD
US Pickups ceased to be sold here in 2006 from the Ford dealerships, they were used as work vehicles then

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> What brands of Travel Trailers are NEW & Quality
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.