Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Problem with Extended Warranty
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Problem with Extended Warranty

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
was_butnotnow

Fulltime: Emery, SD

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/19 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem isn't with Wholesale Warranties but the repair facility telling the claim insurance broker that the cause was a stuck thermostat when they had not even tested it.
I appealed to the WW claim service help.
Warranty company sent out an independent inspector and he tested the thermostat and found it to be good. And he said even if it was bad it would not cause the radiator to fail.
So waiting for the warranty company to get his report and get back to me. WW has been very responsive and helpful with this.

Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle Hitchitch.com
Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/19 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got an email through FMCA about their affiliation with them. If you're a member of any of these RV groups, contact them and see if they will intervene on your behalf:

Wholesale Warranties wrote:

Wholesale Warranties has been happy to partner with major organizations and influencers. We are proud affiliates of the FMCA, full-time gurus RV-Dreams, RVer Insurance Exchange, RVReviews.net and more! Learn more about our RV partners here, and check out our exclusive endorsement from the Escapees RV Club on their website!

The also display the Better Business logo on their website - get some help!
https://wholesalewarranties.com/

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/19 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

to me the BBB logo doesn't mean much these days...not after the revelation that they were selling good ratings.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like the OP has WW working for him. I believe he will be successful in having his claim approved. Hopefully, he will post his final results. As the OP has clarified, the issue is NOT with WW, it's with the service facility telling the inspector the wrong information. I hope the OP is back on the road soon....Dennis

A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

bobkatmsu

clearwater, fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Totally concur with Executive. Have had an exclusionary policy with WW for 2 years now and they have been great. The first claim I had the insurance company denied to pay for diagnostics. I called WW and they went to bat for me and got them to pay. Later talked to the insurance rep and he told me they had just started doing business with WW and I was the only policy owner they had that they covered diagnostics. So in this case it was the insurance company that did not read the small print. WW has been great for me, I highly recommend.

2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Smitty77

OnDRoad

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP - I wish you luck, and hope your policy is as mentioned, where it specifically spells out what is 'not included', and thus all other items should be covered. Agree that WW will be your friend in determining if it's an appropriate item the Insurance/Warranty company should be covering.

I'd suggest out of fairness to WW, that you send a request to a Moderator to change the title to state Problem With Extended Warranty - not WW[emoticon]!

And not to add to your pain, but maximize the labor costs involved in the removal, and have other items tested on your dime, replace and or refurbish as needed....

Best,
Smitty

was_butnotnow

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An update
The warranty issuing company has stood up for us and has now approved the claim and the new radiator is being built.
The warranty company Wholesale Warranties is now bypassing the claims administrator company and handling it all with the repair shop.
We have been stuck here for almost two weeks just getting up to this point.
I recommend WW they were very helpful in getting this resolved.

* This post was edited 05/14/19 04:17pm by was_butnotnow *

was_butnotnow

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Smitty77 wrote:

OP - I wish you luck, and hope your policy is as mentioned, where it specifically spells out what is 'not included', and thus all other items should be covered. Agree that WW will be your friend in determining if it's an appropriate item the Insurance/Warranty company should be covering.

I'd suggest out of fairness to WW, that you send a request to a Moderator to change the title to state Problem With Extended Warranty - not WW[emoticon]!

And not to add to your pain, but maximize the labor costs involved in the removal, and have other items tested on your dime, replace and or refurbish as needed....

Best,
Smitty

Thanks for the suggestion I changed the Topic title as WW did come through for us. I'm very happy with them.

The radiator is coming from Source Eng. Eugene, OR and also on my dime an upgraded fan from them. Jim out there is great to work with and also did my trailing arms and ride enhancement kit.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great to hear WW is working with you. I was worried by the original post and then saw FMCA partnering with them as one of benefits of membership the same day as the original post. FMCA usually doesn't make a bad call when they showcase companies. From your experience, it sounds like they made the right call.

doxiemom11

Somewhere between MI and TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/19 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read the warranty. There are usually specific parts covered under specific conditions.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Problem with Extended Warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS