Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Warrantiy claim denied
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Warrantiy claim denied

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
was_butnotnow

Fulltime: Emery, SD

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 05 Monaco Cayman 36PDQ and going across western AZ and my radiator developed a leak. Right now am at a repair shop in Quartzsite (been here a week and the build time is another week) when Source Eng. builds me a new radiator. The shop had talked to the warranty company servicing agent Strategic Administrators and said this was covered. Now they called back denying the claim. Said it must have been caused by a stuck thermostat and claim denied. I have a call into WW claims help desk. Is this normal for radiator claims to all be denied? There is nothing I could have done to prevent this and just had all serviced two weeks ago at Cummins in Tucson, AZ
Are all warranties a rip-off? My radiator springs a leak and somehow it is my fault.

* This post was edited 05/17/19 01:26pm by was_butnotnow *

Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle Hitchitch.com
Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

was_butnotnow wrote:

I have a 05 Monaco Cayman 36PDQ and going across western AZ and my radiator developed a leak. Right now am at a repair shop in Quartzsite (been here a week and the build time is another week) when Source Eng. builds me a new radiator. The shop had talked to the warranty company servicing agent Strategic Administrators and said this was covered. Now they called back denying the claim. Said it must have been caused by a stuck thermostat and claim denied. I have a call into WW claims help desk. Is this normal for radiator claims to all be denied? There is nothing I could have done to prevent this and just had all serviced two weeks ago at Cummins in Tucson, AZ
Are all warranties a rip-off? My radiator springs a leak and somehow it is my fault.

I think many would agree that most warranties are worth less than the paper they're written on.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3rd party warranty companies make money denying claims.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

was_butnotnow wrote:

Is this normal for radiator claims to all be denied?
Not just radiators. Very normal to deny any claim. Although a few do get through.

Stay on them. In the mean time read every word of the service contract.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Strategic Administrators eh?
Would be a good choice for an enema rental

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stay calm, keep meticulous records, ask to talk to supervisors and don’t take no for an answer.

They count on people taking no for an answer.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

was_butnotnow

Fulltime: Emery, SD

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need to get the repair shop to test the thermostat to see if it is stuck shut. If not they said they should cover this. They are denying the claim because the shop told them it was because of a stuck thermostat without testing it. I ask after how driving all day across AZ without any problem watching my Scan Gaurd monitor. So when I stop it gets hot. My question is if after traveling all day with the thermostat open how could it all of a sudden could it close down (stuck shut) and overheat??? It would still be at about 200 deg.

How could a thermostat close down after being up to temp all day? I could see it not opening up at the start but when already up to temp.

The shop said they were convinced the only thing could cause the radiator to fail would be the thermostat. Couldn't they just say the radiator failed and leave it at that?

So now not happy with the repair shop or the warranty company.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The shop would rather you pay, They can charge more that way.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A stuck shut thermostat would immediately give you high temp. reading as well as high enough pressure back through the supply to waterpump hose which your radiator cap would vent into the coolant recovery bottle. As well, your OBD 1 engine diagnostics - codes readable on every vehicle since 1994, would show any issue with temp.
Actual testing - not by some computer - Radiators are protected by the 12-15 PSI cap which vents high pressure to overflow bottle.
Cold pressure testing of the coolant system will prove the cap venting, hot water test of engine temp sensor will prove it. Just take the dang thing out of the engine block and put it in heated water with a candy thermometer and read the the ohms. Simple test, just stike the thermostat into hot water, see if it opens when the water is heated to near boiling.
Suspect the mechanics are at odds with the warranty co. They have experience of non payment from extended warranties and dont get paid for extensive diagnostics. Max

* This post was edited 05/08/19 07:52pm by SDcampowneroperator *

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some things wear down, some things break with a snap (or a loud bang) all of a sudden. I have no idea whether your thermostat is stuck or not, but I have to tell you that while I have heard of lots of head gaskets blowing when engines overheat, I don't recall hearing of radiators springing a leak because of a stuck thermostat. Still, I am no expert in the subject, but it does seem to me that such leakage is suspect.

That being said, one half of making a profit in the insurance business lies in finding reasons to deny claims. Keep on it, don't give up.

In my youth, I was in an accident that resulted in some medical costs. After my health insurance denied the claim and appeals several times because in their own words "my accident wasn't an accident," I found myself asking the CEO of that insurance company to justify to the State Insurance Commissioner the accusation that I went out and hurt myself on purpose. That proved to be the turning point. Keep on the case, and best of luck finding the argument needed to resolve the issue. And the person to whom to make that argument.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Warrantiy claim denied
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS