cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side Mirrors

Chips1947
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Majestic 19G. Chassis is 2012. We love Mr. Majestic; however, yesterday I closed (not hard) the passenger door with mirror folded in and it broke at elbow. I noticed last trip the mirror was loose at elbow. Anyone have this problem. The head is fine (Velvac #716316); am looking to replace arm assembly. Suggestions or experience appreciated...
5 REPLIES 5

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to adjust the mirrors for a shorter driver?
They work well for me with a small wide-curved stick-on mirror but it doesn’t work for DW.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
If your repair of the Velvac mirrors is a bust, consider the stock Ford E-Series black plastic, 2-rod telescoping & fold-in mirrors. They are NOT heated mirrors so keep that in-mind. If your rig is old and not worth throwing big money into, these are very affordable by comparison to new Velvacs. Search the internet for your best price. On the PC forum, an owner of a 2006 model year installed them and he is extremely pleased. His pictures looked real good.

Making the point that these may not telescope out as far as your Velvac stuck out. So these would not be ideal for the widest of rigs.

Our Velvac mirrors stick out exceptionally far, more than our 93" wide body needs. The only serious problem I have with them is that children are attracted to hanging on them. We quickly learned to fold them in when parked.

Chips1947
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks IAMICHABOD & pigman1,
I’ll let you know how it goes. With other issues both Thor & CruiseAmerica have been very helpful even though I bought it from a private owner; however, I will be talking to Velvac also. I appreciate your help. Chips1947.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Give VELVAC a call on 800.783.8871. (Central time) I just broke a support post on my mirror and even though I did a thorough search on the VELVAC web site, I couldn't come up with much info on what parts were available and how the mirror came apart. As long as you have that VELVAC part number they should be able to help you. I got the part I needed and info on how it came apart in record time and at a very reasonable price compared to the cost of an entire mirror head head (10%). Definitely worth a call.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes I have On my RV unfortunately you can not buy just the arm,it comes as a whole unit.

This thread has a lot of information that may be of use to you.

I understand that Pacific RV Parts has a very good reputation for the Velvac Mirrors and are also very helpful,I have used them for other parts and they are top notch and have the best prices that I have found.

Here is a link to Ryder you can go thru it and see if you can find yours,if not give them a call they are very helpful.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck.

I see that you are new to the Forum,and you have a Former Rental.

This Thread may also be of interest,stop by and tell us all about your Former Rental.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C