cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air horn not working

Coach_Cleats
Explorer
Explorer
The air horn actuator on the steering wheel not working. Fuse is fine!Where do begin with the fix?
2004 Safari Cheetah 36 PDD, 03 Wrangler Sahara Toad W/Buddy Brake.
Denise and Bob 70 Years as Teachers!
Kodi D'dog'.
About to play as long as we worked.
Senior Softball! What a blast. Nothing is routine!
8 REPLIES 8

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Have you checked the air level? You can find air horn fill up canisters at Pilot. It's usually with the jake brake and blinker fluid.

Air horn re-charge

:B
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Did it ever work from the steering wheel?

My air horns only work from a switch on the center dash, never the steering wheel button.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
On mine the fuse is in the engine bay. 7.5 I haven't a clue where it would be on yours. Do you have the manual or can you get it on line. There may be a Safari group on irv2 that can help. Your fuse should be the same as mine, the 7.5 is maroon colored...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
On my previous Class A, the Hadley airhorns required cleaning of the solenoid valve about once/twice a year. High humidity here, and the solenoid would get a little corroded inside. Taking it apart, cleaning it, and adding a little lubricant wasn't difficult, but got to be a bit frustrating.
Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, in most set ups, the horn button is the GROUND for the solenoid with power coming to it from an "ignition hot" source.

Verify at the solenoid.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

phays
Explorer
Explorer
Find the solenoid and have someone press the horn button to see if it clicks. If it does you know it is getting power. Then go up on top and again press and hold horn button. Can you hear any air. If not either the solenoid is not working or something has built nests in your air horn. Remove the horn bell and look through. On my coach, both bells had insect nests. Fixed by poking the nests out. I now "exercise" my air horn on every trip to make sure the solenoid is still working and that no nest builders have been busy.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Just donโ€™t do like I did. I didnโ€™t turn it on with the ticker switch on the dash.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s a pretty simple circuit. Solenoid, switch and power. Horns can clog. Solenoid not working or bad ground/switch.

Iโ€™d find the solenoid and check it for operation.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.