cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Internet or Computer Problem

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
My laptop has Windows 10 with Chrome -- all up to date. For the last few days I am getting this type of screen when I go on line. It happens with all web pages. Do I have a computer problem or a connection problem. Refresh does not solve the problem.

Click For Full-Size Image.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
13 REPLIES 13

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
When uninstalling, look in C drive > Program Files (this might be x86) > Google. Is Chrome still there? Can you delete it before reinstalling? You might have to reboot before delete if a lingering process has a file locked.

Have you tried THIS?

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
The problem is only with Chrome not Edge. I tried to uninstall and re-install with no joy.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
A screen shot of the whole Chrome page including the URL address would be helpful. Otherwise there is not enough information here to even take pot shots at the cause.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
From your other Closed thread! i also suggest using MalwareBytes. If that don't clear it; try Norton Power Eraser!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good suggestion WNJJ Yes a Font issue would do that.
I note the TIME field is 100% clear all numbers common to all font selections.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks to me like a font problem where some letters show up and others donโ€™t. It may be something wrong with the browser but if another also does it, Iโ€™d update your video drivers next.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
jcpainter wrote:
go to www.Speedtest.net and see what download speeds you are getting.

23Mbps down 4.8 upload

That rules out a slow internet connection!

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
You have another browser on the laptop, try Edge
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like more info.....and perhaps more samples. What does the Google home page look like? You refer to web pages......but what about email....(assuming you are using a Client for email). Have you done a cold reboot? Do you have a different Browser to try, other than Chrome? Frankly, if you are only using Chrome I would be a bit suspicious of the Chrome browser.....to start with.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
jcpainter wrote:

23Mbps down 4.8 upload

Travel Photos

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
That looks like a very very poor internet connection to me. But I can't rule out anything where Windoze is concerned.

In the very very old days (300 baud modem days) I saw a lot of that if the line was noisy.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times