cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Phoenix Cruiser electric couch in slide.

san1174
Explorer
Explorer
Attn: Ron Dittmer
Is there any room for storage under the electric couch which turns into a bed? If not how difficult is it to remove that couch? By the way, Dakzuki sent me here!
Thanks, Sandy
8 REPLIES 8

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Sandy,

I hope your PC suits you perfectly. Your suspicion is correct in that model 2100 is limited in storage, both inside and outside. If travelling alone, you should be fine, but two people need to be very selective in what they bring along. Some people attach a weather-proof storage container to the rear hitch for extra storage, but that will increase the over-all length of the rig to model 2350. Just keep that in-mind.

Keep us updated.
Ron

san1174
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to garmp and Willow13 for taking the time to answer
my question!

san1174
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Ron for the reply. I really need more storage and that is the only place I can think of to gain it. I don't own the Phoenix yet and have not been in it yet. I do have a deposit on it. I know that the RV is in excellent shape and have confidence that it is a quality Rv. I have wanted one for a long time. As an owner of a much larger Class C 32ft, downsizing will be a challenge!
Thanks again,
Sandy

Willow13
Explorer
Explorer
There are some photos on the Phoenix Cruiser Forum:
Jacknife Sofa Question
As I recall, it has a short platform, the wiring for the sofa and the seat belts are attached to the floor.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Under the bed, which is on the slide, is the folding mechanism, motor & such. Never really gave it a thorough look to see exactly what is there.
Building a unit with storage to sleep/sit on sound like a great idea, but foremost I think comfort is the major concern closely followed the ease of setting it up/taking down. Our sofa opens & closes with the flip of a switch and is comfortable both as a sofa & as a bed. At least as comfortable as a sofa/bed can be.
Sorry to be so vague but I won't be able to look for a couple of weeks, as our unit is in storage, when we prepare for our next trip.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Sandy,

Our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 does not have a sofa, but rather a dinette so I have no first-hand knowledge. With one exception, I understand every sofa Phoenix installed over the years, do NOT officially offer storage. It does not mean you can't tuck something under there. It's just not designed to store stuff.

Sometime around 2010-2012, Phoenix replaced the old style jack-knife sofa with a more comfortable sofa bed which included a nice wide drawer underneath. The bed used a blow-up air mattress. It was all the rage with new owners, but the love affair didn't seem to last, primarily concerning the longevity and inconvenience of the air mattress.

In the years that followed, Phoenix replaced the air bed sofa with a very comfortable duel recliner sofa that opens flat for sleeping. Various flavors of that concept continue to this day with never a complaint from PC owners. Hopefully someone with that type of sofa will comment regarding possible storage.

If sofa bench storage is a very high priority for you, you could maximize storage through something home made. But it likely won't be as comfortable to sit on, and converting it into a bed could present even more challenges.

Ron Dittmer

san1174
Explorer
Explorer
Could you tell me what is under there? I am purchasing a Phoenix Cruiser 21 ft and was thinking of removing the couch and building a new one with storage under it.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not Ron, but an owner of a Phoenix Cruiser 2100 with the electric sofa/bed. No, there is no room or storage under the sofa.
I have no idea the difficulty of removing it.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!