cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water in or around Moab

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We are coming in from Capitol Reef, spending some time boondocking or dry camping near Moab and then on to Canyonlands. Wondering where we can find water in Moab or if finding water in Moab will be a problem.
5 REPLIES 5

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
There is a nice large campground in Blanding on the north edge of town that you and dump and fill for $5.00
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for the gas station on the south end... When I stopped they had a hose around back, water came out with a lot of pressure.

Attendant inside was surprised I even asked.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the Maverik gas station on the south end of town has a water spigot for RVs. You may call them, though.

There are also some RV parks/resorts that will usually let you fill, for a fee. Still, if you want to travel dry, it is a small price to pay to fill when you get to Moab.

You say you will be boondocking. If you are up for a treat, we stayed at the Porcupine Rim Campground, 38.575542, -109.345886. We had a smaller trailer, but you can camp in the campground with most rigs. You can hike to the point, and have great views.
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
See Sanidumps at https://www.sanidumps.com/rvdumpscity.php?citynum=982&city=Moab&cityradius=1
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad