Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Nissan Titan XD 5.0L Cummins?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nissan Titan XD 5.0L Cummins?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
SouthpawHD

WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

If you look for issues on any vehicle, you will find them. This one included.

Personally I don’t understand the appeal of this truck. The 5.0 is too big to have a large advantage in mpg like the 3.0’s do and it is too small to offer the real pulling power that the 6.7 does.

That said, it would be more than adequate to do what you’ve suggested you need.

Have you done a test drive?

I have driven one, rides very nice and plenty of power. Really does ride like a cross between 1/2 and 3/4 ton, like a 5/8.

But some of the negative reviews, lack of potential dealer support (especially with a diesel), and lack of sales (i.e. will it continue) have me concerned overall.

Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

kw/00

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a coworker that has one. Had several problems with it, but he still has the truck. I don’t know anything about his issues with it, just know that it’s been the the shop a few times. Jury is out for me personally on this truck. I would not purchase on but that’s me. I don’t care for the looks and I feel that other diesel variants offer so much more, whether large or smaller displacements. Given what is read about and low sales, it’s not a truck that I would even consider, but that’s me. I would wait and look at any of the new gas jobs in the new 3/4 ton trucks. Ford and GM have stepped up their game in this Dept and with the complexity of diesels I would stick with gas unless I had to go or just can’t live without a diesel truck. That’s my take, the mechanics issues with 5.0 Cummins reminded me some of Fords problems when they introduced the new back then 6.0 diesel. Not that it will be like that engine,but just knowing the dealers don’t know much how to fix the engines reminds me of how ford was for a few years. I’m sure the 5.0 Cummins is well above the Ford 6.0, if Nissan expects mechanics who deal with gas engines to magically work on this engine..... well that’s setting the stage for failure.

A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nissan Titan XD 5.0L Cummins?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.