cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Koni FSD where to get besides Shockwarehouse

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy, I finally decided to get a set of Koni FSD shocks for my 03 Winnie 24V. Where else can you get them besides Shockwarehouse? They have terrible customer service reviews and they jerked me around asking some simple questions about what was in stock. Other locations to purchase please?
Thank you
11 REPLIES 11

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I got all 4 FSD's in this weekend. (Have photos side by side with Motorcraft OEM I took out) no question the ride is better. Mostly the bouncing when exiting driveways at gas stations and such is much less. Was it worth the money? Mostly but probably would have been just as good with the Blisteins for a little less money. Interesting note, the FSD shocks are not gas filled so you don't have to fight the install length.

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
MHO the koni fsd's work marginal for the rears, flat out suck for the front !

I ate the "next best thing to slice bread" comments on the fsd's , and bought them . Waste of money to me.
Wished I'd stayed with the Bilstein's HD's like I did on my last two MH's !

As for shockwarehouse , yeah they messed up my order too , I'll look elsewhere next time.
Salesman had a bad attitude when I called him out on his lying to me.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun with the front shocks (if you're doing it yourself), or rest easy if you're paying someone else to do it. The rear ones are pretty simple on the E series, but access to the tops of the front ones is...well, tight at best.

I found an articulated ratcheting box wrench was the most effective tool for the front shocks. At least for my chassis, the factory shocks and the FSDs had different sized nuts...so I had to get two different wrenches.

The FSDs--and factory-equipped Ride-rite air bags, for that matter--have worked very nicely for me.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
fourthclassC,

Please take pictures of the Koni FSD with hardware, side by side with the shocks and hardware you removed. I would like to see the comparison.

Ron Dittmer

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I got both front and rear. Should be here friday and installing on Sat.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
fourthclassC wrote:
So now I feel bad I complained about Shockwarehouse. I was frustrated and only have so much time to research products I want to purchase. Those shocks are very expensive for a guy like me and I just wanted to make sure I would not have any problems..... Ended up getting them from another vendor. Between the rear airbags (firestone ride rite) and the new shocks, I should have a good driving rig. I will report back after I get them installed.
Thanks to all who replied with suggestions....

Jack,

I'm curious ... did you order the FSD shocks for both the front and rear?
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
So now I feel bad I complained about Shockwarehouse. I was frustrated and only have so much time to research products I want to purchase. Those shocks are very expensive for a guy like me and I just wanted to make sure I would not have any problems..... Ended up getting them from another vendor. Between the rear airbags (firestone ride rite) and the new shocks, I should have a good driving rig. I will report back after I get them installed.
Thanks to all who replied with suggestions....

shockguys
Explorer
Explorer
Hi this is Frank from Shockwarehouse.

We have been in business for 30 years serving 2,000,000 customers and that's the truth. Started out as a business selling race shocks to South America

We spend hours everyday deciphering VIN numbers. calling our contacts at Bilstein and Koni, looking at pictures and measurements and calling chassis manufacturers to help customers.

We apologize for your experience. We sell dozens of Koni's , Bilstein, Safe T Plus and Helper Springs daily to Rv and Motorhome owners and shops and stock them at both of our warehouses.

If you have any questions please call us at 954 202 6229 or chat with us online.

As far as reviews go believe what you want....most review sites are payola.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi fourthclassC

You might find my experience with shocks interesting. Read about it with pictures by clicking HERE. In my write-up, I compared heavy duty Bilstein shocks to Koni-RV adjustable shocks.......not Koni-FSD shocks. There must be somewhere on the web comparing Koni-RV to Koni-FSD. Part of the matter concerns the mounting hardware, rubber bushings, washers, etc.

BTW: I buy from Tire Rack all the time, most often tires, but also the HD Bilstein shocks. I am very happy with their customer service to purchase, and their support when something is wrong.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
The reviews from other forums are all over the place as far as service from Shockwharehouse. YMMV.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
fourthclassC wrote:
Howdy, I finally decided to get a set of Koni FSD shocks for my 03 Winnie 24V. Where else can you get them besides Shockwarehouse? They have terrible customer service reviews and they jerked me around asking some simple questions about what was in stock. Other locations to purchase please?
Thank you

Jack,

Try ordering from Tirerack.com, here:
https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/steering-you-right-with-sonny/konis-fsd-damper-set-can-do-it-all

I have them only on the rear of my E450 Itasca 24V, which has been OK so far because the OEM shocks on the front are still good and the coil springs in the front naturally ride so much better than leaf springs.

The Koni FSD shocks in just the rear have definitely reduced the harsh pounding that used to happen back there due to my RV weighing so much less than what the E450 chassis is built to handle.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C