cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing the Sidekick w/ a pickup

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Our 1995 Sidekick needed a replacement engine and a lot of interior fixing up and I just didn't feel like spending several thousand and a lot of time doing the work or paying to have it done and I sold it.

Many of reasons we had the Suzi were centered around traveling with the DGKs when they were small, now they are BIG and don't travel with us anymore. We loved the ease of towing the Suzi but upkeep and repair has become so expensive without support from the Mfg and when the DGS needed a daily driver for school and work, I gave him my beater truck and I really miss it. I talked it over with the DW and decided that a good used truck w/ 4X4 that can be towed four down without alteration is what we will buy.

Now I find that the Rangers with AT and 4X4 are very expensive to purchase. The Neutral Tow mod is simple and inexpensive but the initial out lay is ridicules. I have tarted looking at the Dodge Dakota and they are less expensive and easy to tow but I know nothing about them. I have been looking at the '00 to '05's and have found several great prices.

What is the general feeling about that era Dakota trucks as a towed.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
1 REPLY 1

Y-Guy
Remco says the 2005 4WD Dakota is towable 4 down. They weight in around 4,288 to 4,621 lbs.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon