cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LOW CARB CAMPING

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for camping food ideas that are low carb. Stuff that can be done outside. think tent camping. getting tired of the same old same old and would love some fresh new ideas
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
22 REPLIES 22

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think there are a lot of Keto low carb recipes online.

PaulBlair89
Explorer
Explorer
Hot dog. Cooked on a stick over a fire.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
awesome guys. love exploring new ideas. always nice to hear different peoples success stories with hobo pouch combinations. Greytruck18...... a ribeye is my favorite of the common cuts of beef. hard to beat a solid rib cap (leave the bone on) seared over hot coals then finished indirectly to a very rare, medium rare.

To each their own but I am as far from vegan as you can get

JasseJackson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi!
I'm a Vegan and I found a lot of good recipes here - https://greenann.com/
Try!))

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
unstuffed peppers: a medley of veggies sautรฉed with some cut up peppers because ONE is too lazy to stuff them...could throw in some cheese or not.

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Cocky_Camper wrote:
Meats and veggies wrapped in tinfoil cooked over the fire or outside grill.

Double ditto.
Without knowing what you consider same ole same ole I hesitate to offer much more than that. You can get a lot of variety in the hobo tinfoil packs described above. Just use different spices. My favorites are Mexican spices and Cajun spices.

Here are some hobo pack combos that will work well (Seal in foil and lay over the coals.)

Ground beef, onions, green peppers and fresh corn kernels with Mexican spices.

Smoked sausage (we like Eckrich's), onions, green beans, celery chunks, green peppers with Cajun spice.

Also a small pot of vegetable soup. Veggies and meats of your choice seasoned liberally.

Hobo packs with chopped rotisserie chicken, veggies of choice and indian spices spices works well too.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
awesome guys. love exploring new ideas. always nice to hear different peoples success stories with hobo pouch combinations. Greytruck18...... a ribeye is my favorite of the common cuts of beef. hard to beat a solid rib cap (leave the bone on) seared over hot coals then finished indirectly to a very rare, medium rare.

in5r
Explorer
Explorer
Bacon cheeseburger casserole in a dutch oven.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 CC SB
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS

rats1955
Explorer
Explorer
Kabobs with marinated beef, pork or chicken, tomatoes, smoked sausage, bacon, green pepper, onions, zucchini and mushrooms. We fire up the grill and lay out the ingredients and let our guests build there own kabobs and cook them themselves.
2003 Arctic Fox 24-5N FW
2006 F250 4X4 SC V-10
Yamaha EF2000iS generator

Greytruck18
Explorer
Explorer
Steak (Rib-eye) is always good. Dont forget the grilled veggies too..

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cocky_Camper wrote:
Meats and veggies wrapped in tinfoil cooked over the fire or outside grill.

Double ditto.
Without knowing what you consider same ole same ole I hesitate to offer much more than that. You can get a lot of variety in the hobo tinfoil packs described above. Just use different spices. My favorites are Mexican spices and Cajun spices.

Here are some hobo pack combos that will work well (Seal in foil and lay over the coals.)

Ground beef, onions, green peppers and fresh corn kernels with Mexican spices.

Smoked sausage (we like Eckrich's), onions, green beans, celery chunks, green peppers with Cajun spice.

Also a small pot of vegetable soup. Veggies and meats of your choice seasoned liberally.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ Sleeman clear 2.0 is only 2 and Michelob Ultra is only 2.6 haha

I had to do some homework when we started this ๐Ÿ™‚

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Miller Lite, 3.2 carbs per 12 oz. serving.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Sausage stuffed large portobello mushrooms on the grill topped with some marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk